Volume issues with zoom

I encounter the following issue with zoom (installed from the AUR) since some time: Often when I’m entering or returning from a breakout room the volume of the audio stream of zoom is set to a very low value.

grafik

Might it be that this issue is connected with pulse-audio (last updated on March 25th on my system) or something else system-related or is it just a bug in the implementation of zoom (because so far I couldn’t find information of people having the same problem so far…)?

Does somebody encounter the same issue?

I know this doesn’t solve your problem but I was using the latest version of zoom from the AUR in and out of breakout rooms on Friday and did not have that issue.

Same as dalto, I used it for teaching 12 hours of classes over the weekend without any issues.

Under the Audio settings panel in Zoom, there is a tick-box to auto-adjust the sound volume. You may wish to set that to “off”, and then set your volume manually. That may help stabilize your volume transitions. Please note that you will then have to adjust the audio volume manually in Zoom, as well as within your DE audio settings. You will want to test this with a Zoom partner to get their feedback as to which settings are most effective.

Hope this helps.

It has happened to me as well, but only three or four times, I’d say 10% of the times. I couldn’t tell what was the reason for it happening.

For me it doesn’t happen every time as well, but definitely more often than 10% :smiley:

I just have that tick box for the microphone volume, but my problem is with the output volume. The output volume was set to 0, I’ve set it to a higher value. I don’t know if this will change anything, because I always had a functioning audio and have never changed the setting before, but we will see :slight_smile:

Unluckily it did’nt work. But thanks for your help :slight_smile:

The tick box looks like it exists for output on my end. I know this doesn’t help, but I have not noticed this issue either and I’ve been in and out of Zoom’s breakout rooms feature for some months. I last used it today actually without this issue