Vivaldi - Now with built in game

Completely unnecessary and great fun. :laughing:

5 Likes

This and almost every context menu editable now. Thought about creating a thread here Titled “Vivaldi The Plasma of Browsers”. The game was written by someone else and they just added it to the browser. I’ll have to have a go at it myself.

1 Like

In before bloat… :rofl:

7 Likes

The great fun is the time it takes to build its proprietary ffmpeg codecs (more than 2 hours). :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

take herecura repo will fix this :wink:

3 Likes

Simply why anyone would build Vivaldi or it’s codec? just do as @jokamprad said and simply add the herecura repository, but make sure if you have the choatioc repository that you place herecura above it.

2 Likes

I installed community/opera-ffmpeg-codecs 85.0.4183.102-1 (1.7 MiB 4.3 MiB) (Installed)

And after installing the latest AUR vivaldi build I did this:

1. Open the Terminal (command prompt)
  2. Issue the following:
  3. sudo /opt/vivaldi/update-ffmpeg
  4. Restart the browser.

I opened this webpage https://help.vivaldi.com/article/html5-proprietary-media-on-linux/ and the test-video played correctly with sound and all.

So no compiling needed.

2 Likes

Just add the below repository to you pacman.conf file under /etc/, refresh your databases, search and install Vivaldi and it’s ffmpeg from the below repository, no building, and you are then getting Vivaldi from the repository the Vivaldi devs suggest. Side note if you have the chaotic repository added make sure herecura is abiove it in pacman.conf file.

[herecura]
Server = https://repo.herecura.be/$repo/$arch
2 Likes

Thank you all, guys. Because I am not quite sure if I want to keep it (though its 5% nonFOSS nature is well justified, it`s against my own nature) I went with a temporary solution till I make up my mind. I just uninstalled the AUR ffmpeg building happiness & tried out running
sudo /opt/vivaldi/update-ffmpeg
That was that & so far so good & my apologies for causing an offtopic discussion.

2 Likes

It has worked out for me, and is by far easier than the other options.

Just remember that if your running vivaldi-snapshot, it’s:

sudo /opt/vivaldi-snapshot/update-ffmpeg

2 Likes

Bloat!!!1! :rofl:

1 Like