Visual/Usability Glitches on many apps

Hello, I am new to EndeavourOS and it is my first arch based distro, so pardon me if I make ignorant mistakes.

Many apps that I have installed (discord, steam, and others) as well as some automatically installed apps seem to not be refreshing properly (for lack of a better term). For example, the app will flicker, I will have to minimize and reopen the app for it to load, and I cannot type anything at all in them.

I don’t know enough to troubleshoot this myself and I haven’t found any sources related to a similar problem.

I have tried reinstalling the OS, reinstalling graphics drivers, nothing seems to work. It happens both right after initial OS install and continues but does not get worse.

Some apps (like Firefox, Settings, pamac) work completely fine.

I am running the most recent version of EndeavourOS

System physical specs:
-Nvidia GTX 3060. hybrid (nvidia-intel) graphics + mux switch
-intel i7 (12th gen) 10 core
-16gb ddr5 ram

Any help or suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum someone will be along shortly with an answer.

Hybrid graphics can be trike’y to deal with.

Welcome to EnOS’ community @squirrelgovt!

Please have a look at the article linked to here below and post some system info and logs which could be useful to other forummembers who might be able to help you:

You might get a better advice if you check several programs and post how they behave. It matters…
Also, check the logs as suggested.

@squirrelgovt

You could try the following kernel parameter in the default grub command line and then update grub.

i915.enable_psr=0

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/intel_graphics#Screen_flickering

Edit: Could also try removing xf86-video-intel and run on the kernel module

2 Likes