Virtualbox installing Xfce4 by Deepin

@Keos
Just remember that after installing in virtualbox you need power off virtualbox. Then you need to go into settings and remove the check mark under optical drive in settings under storage before starting virtualbox up again to boot the newly installed Deepin. Otherwise it will just boot off the live ISO file again.

Itā€™s late here, good luckā€¦hoping you will get it work !

@Keos
I just installed it on virtualbox.

Screenshot_2020-01-22_21-10-23

Screenshot_2020-01-22_21-12-40

Youā€™ve got to be kidding. Most of the people here are not native speakers. Yes, your native language is Spanish, but you live in the USA. Best conditions.

Why are we talking about several postings of USB sticks here? VBox VMs cannot boot from USB.

You, @Keos, give me the impression that you do a lot of things without understanding it (best example is your question about the modprobe line in your VBox installation thread).

So VBox is innocent here. VBox is just a program. In its VBox VM manager you can create Virtual Machines. These behave largely like real hardware. In the BIOS or UEFI of a computer you also have to set the boot order or even take out an installation DVD. The same is true for the VBox VM manager. You do this because you insert VBoxGuestAdditions_*.iso after installing OS VBoxGuestAdditions_*.iso.

You should notice if you boot from image again or the installed system (just by the user and his password entry).

If you have more than one Desktop Environment installed, it depends on the Display Manager how and where you choose the DE.

On my side, I have no problem to boot my VBox Virtual Machine from USB key !
This is usefull when you donā€™t want to keep an ISO of 1.6Go on old small Hard Driveā€¦
You just have to setup it correctly at USB settings :

usb_start2

It works very well :

usb_start

Now about @Keos, when You told He lives in US his last post is pretty good English for someone who pretends the inverse !

So I will keep an eye, and wait an answer from @Keos about it to make it clearer ?

Captura de pantalla_2020-01-23_09-02-10

En cuanto al asunto que nos concierne ā€¦ volverĆ© nuevamente sobre lo mismo, si @ricklinux lo consiguiĆ³ es porque obviamente debo estar haciendo algo equivocado, jamas he pretendido ser un experto en estos asuntos, gracias.
ā€“ Why donā€™t you try google translation?.

ā€“ Why donā€™t you try google translation?.

@ricklinux is native English language so He doesnā€™t need google translation !
We donā€™t need it also but @Keos if you want a better Translator use https://www.deepl.com/translator

Or You could post in the Spanish category as you did before, if itā€™s easier for You, someone will answer you.

https://forum.endeavouros.com/c/endeavouros-united/espanol/46

AHORA

Like You see Up Iā€™m not the only and first one who bring the language issue where I donā€™t see the problem with because you have the Spanish category and good Translator nowā€¦

I didā€™t said you were ā€¦ it is a limitation of the translator, i wrote this: ā€œfueron ustedesā€ the indication in spanish is: many of you were, not you ā€¦ ā€“ see now iā€™m not using the translator!.

Very strange that you been a moderator are taking this subject so far from the one that realy matter, Iā€™m really surpirised, any way i will open another thread.

That was just a short remark about an incomprehensible thing. You seem to completely fade out the technical after that instead of finally getting it right. There is no need for a new thread.

Really? OK. :wink: Iā€™m using VBox over 10+ years. If itā€™s been possible with device filter and UEFI for some time, thatā€™s fine by me. But who does thatā€¦? :smiley: Thatā€™s the nice thing about booting .iso files directly w/o separate hardware.

ok lets take a calm at this okā€¦ here comes also various people but overdoing is not so helpfull. end up miscommunication ok :slight_smile:

1 Like