Virtual Desktop with unique background screen

Hey everyone,

I’m not sure how to ask this but I remember a while back you could set each desktop with its own screen image. Does that make sense? Is it possible with Plasma?

I’m not sure where to start looking for this one nor how to formulate it.

Cheers!

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=341143

You can do it with Activities but I don’t think with desktops unless they finally implemented that.

1 Like

Maybe this will work for you

1 Like

Thanks, maybe it was another DE. I can’t remember but I could swear it was possible. Not a big deal, obviously :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’ll check it. I’ll put anything I find here in this thread if relevant.

Unless you are using activities for something else already, you can use activities in place of virtual desktops. They have all the same features as virtual desktops and more features on top of those.

Once you set it up, you won’t even know the difference.

1 Like

Gnome. :wink:

Don’t know how to do it but I’m looking into it. Thanks

• In system settings->workspace behavior->virtual desktops delete them all except for 1
  • In system settings->workspace behavior->activities create the number of them you want
  • Edit the panel and replace the “pager” with the “activity pager”

That should be all there is to it. If you use specific hotkeys to switch desktops you either need to learn the new ones or move the ones you already use from desktops to activities.

1 Like

Thanks, I couldn’t find Pager. I’ll look for it.

The pager is the thing that lets you switch virtual desktops by clicking on them. It is possible you don’t have on on your panel.

Yup, probably not on it. Not a deal-breaker either. Thanks for the help.

Yup, I think it was back then when I used it. Weird KDE doesn’t do it, or not easily.