Virt-Manager cannot use QEMU/KVM

Hello!

I just reinstalled my system and I am having trouble with getting Virt-Manager working again. When opening Virt-Manager there is no option for QEMU/KVM.

I think the main issue is here when checking the status for the libvirtd service:

● libvirtd.service - libvirt legacy monolithic daemon
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/libvirtd.service; disabled; preset: disabled)
     Active: active (running) since Sun 2024-02-11 23:53:32 EST; 19s ago
TriggeredBy: ● libvirtd-admin.socket
             ● libvirtd-ro.socket
             ● libvirtd.socket
       Docs: man:libvirtd(8)
             https://libvirt.org/
   Main PID: 4610 (libvirtd)
      Tasks: 20 (limit: 32768)
     Memory: 49.3M (peak: 50.5M)
        CPU: 330ms
     CGroup: /system.slice/libvirtd.service
             └─4610 /usr/bin/libvirtd --timeout 120

Feb 11 23:53:32 ShondOS systemd[1]: Starting libvirt legacy monolithic daemon...
Feb 11 23:53:32 ShondOS systemd[1]: Started libvirt legacy monolithic daemon.
Feb 11 23:53:32 ShondOS libvirtd[4610]: libvirt version: 10.0.0
Feb 11 23:53:32 ShondOS libvirtd[4610]: hostname: ShondOS
Feb 11 23:53:32 ShondOS libvirtd[4610]: this function is not supported by the connection driver: virConnectGetAllDomainStats

Mainly this part:

libvirtd[4610]: this function is not supported by the connection driver: virConnectGetAllDomainStats

This message appears every time I open Virt-Manager.

Any help would be appreciated, I couldn’t find much online about anything similar.

I don’t have any specific information about the “virConnectGetAllDomainStats” message you are getting. Here is a link of the steps I go through to install a working QEMU/KVM setup on my machine (and then install a Windows VM). Perhaps it might help? https://archsetup.blogspot.com/2023/11/install-windows-11-on-virt-manager.html

Do you have virtualization support enabled in your bios/uefi?

Yes, I’ve had no issues with virtualization on this machine before. I will check again just to be sure though.

EDIT: I can confirm that it is enabled

I went through all the steps to make sure and I don’t know that anything fixed the error I’m getting, but after playing around in virt-manager I manged to add a new connection for QEMU/KVM which seems to work. I’ve never had to add a new connection manually so this might have just been a newbie mistake.

I am still getting the virConnectGetAllDomainStats error, but I can make VMs with no issues so I’m just going to ignore it for now.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.