Very happy new user

Hello,
It took many years since I dared to try any arch based distros. I had done some distro hopping every now and then since 2008 when I first started using Linux. About 6 months ago I finally took a big step and installed Manjaro. I was very surprised how easy it was to install and use. Of course there was some learning curve, but mostly it was very smooth experience. I was little bit surprised when I read about all those forum posts about problems people seemed to have with their installs. I never had any problems except few reinstalls which were caused because of my own stupid experiments. Some time ago I read about Endeavour OS and it immediately got my interest. I have two laptops, the other one Manjaro KDE installed and the other one Manjaro XFCE. The latter one is older machine and it’s permanently connected to my tv, because I like to watch movies and sports with it. It works just fine, but I was thinking maybe there was some even lighter alternative available somewhere. So I couraged myself to try Endeavour, because I thought how hard could it be?.. :grin:
I was right. The install went smoothly and I even managed to add pamac which I like even if I’m quite comfortable with pacman.
So here I am. I have never had any need to ask help from forums, because I’m quite good at searching information from different sources (I’m a librarian and it’s my job to search, search, search… :wink:)
But anyway I thought I will say hello. This feels very friendly community and I might step in to this forum every now and then. You never know when I manage to nuke my system completely because I didn’t read the wiki thoroughly… :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome and enjoy your journey here! :rocket:

1 Like

welcome

1 Like

Welcome here!

1 Like

Welcome @mardi then enjoy your time with EndeavourOS :wave:

1 Like

Welcome @mardi
We might need some library assistance organizing the forum with all the new members. :wink:

6 Likes

Welcome

1 Like

Well, I have heard people often wondering : “why can’t you organize your books by size or by colour?”. Why indeed… :smile:

4 Likes

DDS…

:grin:

bienvenue

1 Like

Welcome to the forum and the community :beers: There is a lot of good info here and on the wiki to search, so have at it, but don’t be afraid to ask questions either :smiley:

1 Like

welcome

1 Like

Welcome! :smile:

If you feel experimenting again, timeshift could be your friend… if you use it before experimenting. :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome @mardi, have fun.

1 Like

Welcome! :partying_face: :tada:…so much confetti.

1 Like

Welcome

1 Like