Vanilla Xfce Wallpaper for Login

On vanilla Xfce one can set a wallpaper for the login screen using lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings, which is not installed in EndeavourOS, nor does it work the same way in EndeavourOS. I switched to vanilla theming after first installing with EndeavourOS theming, then installed a Solarized-Dark theme and icon set. Everything works great except that if I log out the login screen is a wallpaper I cannot identify or find on the system. Once I log in, the wallpapers work and rotate just fine in Xfce, whether I point to my home folder or /usr/share/backgrounds or /usr/share/endeavouros/backgrounds. How can I set the wallpaper for logging in to one of my solarized-dark wallpapers in EndeavourOS? Thanks, in advance for any help.

Do you have an entry for background= in the [greeter] section of /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf? https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/LightDM#Changing_background_images/colors

1 Like

Yes, (It’s slick-greeter.conf):
[Greeter]
background=/usr/share/endeavouros/backgrounds/endeavouros-wallpaper.png
draw-user-backgrounds=false
draw-grid=true
theme-name=Arc-Dark
icon-theme-name=Qogir
cursor-theme-name=Qogir
cursor-theme-size=16
show-a11y=false
show-power=false
background-color=#000000

But now I see that the theme isn’t picking up the name of my solarized theme, nor are the icons right…

OK, now by modifying the file you indicated with nano I get the desired login screen with the proper effects. The only glitch now is that the image is covered with a light grid of dots…

1 Like

In /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf, under the “Seat Configuration” section is greeter-session=lightdm-slick-greeter uncommented?

Yes. It’s uncommented.

there is lightdm-settings in AUR this can set theming and options for slick greeter…
also it still not have proper implementation for asking for permission… you need to run it from terminal using sudo to b eable to apply settings…

2 Likes

Yes, joekamprad. This works. Thanks very much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.