<username> ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL

This is what I meant by “nefarious software” by the way. Not kids stuff like deleting data, but an outside actor gaining some type of control through security flaws like you said. I doubt the bad guys are saving some arbitrary exploit waiting for me to disable my security so they can use it. My bet is when they find one they use it, and when they do the Linux community is all over it.

I agree with this. The fact is its very little. Concerning anything financial my direct interaction is required before a transaction may occure. The whole idea around “My data” is a bit hyped as far as Im concerned, but it would be interesting to hear exactly what you mean by “my data”. Maybe your definition is different than mine.

I do not live my life based on what ifs. I like to think I roll with the punches. So I guess I am prepared to loose all “my data”. Are you? Many probably think its a wreckless way to live, but it is pretty stress free. I wont get into the philosophical aspects of my reasoning. I could write a book about it.

I am not sure what you are envisioning but the Linux community provides you no protection at all from this type of attack.

1 Like