USB or PC Audio Card?

I think Creative Lab is pretty overrated.

Yes, but it was the only thing in town for so ong.

True, and the Soundblaster cards used to have a very good reputation. There was probably some lack of competition …

@33Nicolas
It wasn’t the Fio they got. It was a cheap one. But it does work great so far.

41OZNKnmPQL.AC_SY1000

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m going to look it up.

LOL, good ol’ Amazon: New $41.40.

US $21.97 on Alibaba!

Which one did you get?

Edit: I think the person i know ordered it off of Amazon also and paid too much.

I didn’t get either yet. I’m in-between careers. I’m planning ahead. And I just realized I have an optic out which I can plug into my stereo. So far, this setup will work. But I’m leaning toward the FiiO K5 Pro as soon as my wallet isn’t so lean :slight_smile:

As soon as I have, I will report back.

1 Like

I’m not telling what to get. That’s just what a person i know ordered. I like the Fio also. I know they are more expensive too.

No, I didn’t take it like that either. It looks and sounds better. Another alternative is to build the entire system DIY kinda way. I don’t think it would be cheaper but I’d have 100% control over components, not quality built :slight_smile:

Well, what does expensive mean? For a good amplifier you can quickly pay several thousand dollars … I simply find that the K5 Pro offers VERY much for the money. But that is for the OP to decide for himself. By the way, if the FiiO should still be heard a slight noise, it helps to simply connect a higher quality power supply ;). But it seems to me as if everything was very well separated.

More expensive than the one the person i know bought. Fio is a name brand. I’m not advising on anything i just told the OP what the person bought and that the Fio is more expensive i believe.

If budget was no issue, I would gladly spend $5,000 to 10k on a good amplifier. But a $200 USB DAC with a good power source and as little ghost noise as possible is a great alternative.

1 Like

That’s a lot of dough! But good quality sound is worth it’s weight in gold i know! Still I don’t think you need to get carried away. :wink:

Yes, it’s true you can spend a lot of money on good audio. Some entertainment centers are worth hundreds of thousands. Wish I had that kinda of dough :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.