Upgraded my CPU and motherboard and now Endeavouros won't work with my front audio

You’re 100% sure it’s on each pin properly? Is it individual wires or a plug to fit on the header?

the problem is that my headphones are detected but it just decides to output to my speakers anyway.

It’s a plug to fit the header.

Oh okay maybe you have to manually select the output then?

the headphones seem to be selected though I tried messing around in the plasma audio settings.

Check if they are muted from the terminal run

alsamixer

that still didn’t work It just increased the volume for my speakers. do you know why it detects them as “USB audio analog stereo”?

What does alsamixer show?

image it seems to think my volume at 74% on plasma is 42%

You could try reverting to pulse audio i suppose. May not work either. I think on kde you need pulseaudio bluetooth also?

https://discovery.endeavouros.com/audio/pulseaudio/2021/12/

trying to remove pipewire I get:
:: removing pipewire-jack breaks dependency ‘jack’ required by ffmpeg-vulkan
:: removing pipewire-jack breaks dependency ‘jack’ required by ffmpeg4.4
:: removing pipewire-jack breaks dependency ‘libjack.so=0-64’ required by fluidsynth
:: removing pipewire-media-session breaks dependency ‘pipewire-session-manager’ required by gst-plugin-pipewire
:: removing pipewire-jack breaks dependency ‘libjack.so=0-64’ required by gst-plugins-good
:: removing pipewire-media-session breaks dependency ‘pipewire-session-manager’ required by kwin
:: removing pipewire-media-session breaks dependency ‘pipewire-session-manager’ required by pipewire-pulse
:: removing pipewire-jack breaks dependency ‘libjack.so=0-64’ required by portaudio

installing pulse audio then uninstalling pipewire gives:
:: removing pipewire-jack breaks dependency ‘jack’ required by ffmpeg-vulkan
:: removing pipewire-jack breaks dependency ‘jack’ required by ffmpeg4.4
:: removing pipewire-jack breaks dependency ‘libjack.so=0-64’ required by fluidsynth
:: removing pipewire-media-session breaks dependency ‘pipewire-session-manager’ required by gst-plugin-pipewire
:: removing pipewire-jack breaks dependency ‘libjack.so=0-64’ required by gst-plugins-good
:: removing pipewire-media-session breaks dependency ‘pipewire-session-manager’ required by kwin
:: removing pipewire-jack breaks dependency ‘libjack.so=0-64’ required by portaudio
:: removing pipewire-jack breaks dependency ‘jack’ required by pulseaudio-jack

do you think updating motherboard bios could help?

Is the bios out of date? Seems like a pretty new chipset.

sounds like an issue with it properly swapping to the front audio output. Some audio setups have some weird issues with front audio and swapping between front and rear

yeah probably, do you know of any workarounds?

I would just use the back ports myself.

there have been many updates, Im not sure if mine came with an outdated bios.

i’ll have to keep connecting and reconnecting my speakers right?

im not sure, would depend on what chip it is and im not super familiar with whats needed. Ive just heard of the issue sorry