Updating problem

i get this when i try to upgrade:

Summary
[fj@whitewolf ~]$ sudo pacman -Syu
[sudo] password for fj:  
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 endeavouros                      34.3 KiB  6.55 KiB/s 00:05 [--------------------------------] 100%
 core is up to date
 extra                                                                                                           1736.3 KiB   201 KiB/s 00:09 [---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
 community                         7.1 MiB   649 KiB/s 00:11 [--------------------------------] 100%                3.0 MiB  1475 KiB/s 00:02 [-----------------------------------co  o  o  o  o  o  o  :: Starting full system upgrade...1%
resolving dependencies...                 168.7 KiB  25.6 KiB/s 00:07 [-----------------------------looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing evolution-data-server (3.46.1-2) breaks dependency 'libcamel-1.2.so=63-64' required by pantheon-mail
:: installing evolution-data-server (3.46.1-2) breaks dependency 'libedataserver-1.2.so=26-64' required by pantheon-mail
:: installing evolution-data-server (3.46.1-2) breaks dependency 'libedataserverui-1.2.so=3-64' required by pantheon-mail
:: installing evolution-data-server (3.46.1-2) breaks dependency 'libecal-2.0.so=1-64' required by pantheon-tasks
:: installing evolution-data-server (3.46.1-2) breaks dependency 'libedataserver-1.2.so=26-64' required by pantheon-tasks
:: installing evolution-data-server (3.46.1-2) breaks dependency 'libcamel-1.2.so=63-64' required by switchboard-plug-online-accounts
:: installing evolution-data-server (3.46.1-2) breaks dependency 'libedataserver-1.2.so=26-64' required by switchboard-plug-online-accounts
[fj@whitewolf ~]$

Apparently, evolution and Pantheon mail do conflict with each other, so I think you have to make a choice about which one you want to use.

1 Like

It looks like pantheon-mail was dropped from the repos. Since it is now locked in time, you probably need to remove it, complete your update and then wait for someone to add it to AUR or build it yourself against current libraries.

1 Like

i removed it and now i get this:

Summary

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing evolution-data-server (3.46.1-2) breaks dependency ‘libecal-2.0.so=1-64’ required by pantheon-tasks
:: installing evolution-data-server (3.46.1-2) breaks dependency ‘libedataserver-1.2.so=26-64’ required by pantheon-tasks
:: installing evolution-data-server (3.46.1-2) breaks dependency ‘libcamel-1.2.so=63-64’ required by switchboard-plug-online-accounts
:: installing evolution-data-server (3.46.1-2) breaks dependency ‘libedataserver-1.2.so=26-64’ required by switchboard-plug-online-accounts
[fj@whitewolf ~]$ sudo pacman -Rns pantheon-mail
error: target not found: pantheon-mail
[fj@whitewolf ~]$

i apologize i removed pantheon-mail because i don’t use it. it is still having a problem but i do believed BOTH of you helped.

Remove pantheon-tasks and then remove orphans.

1 Like

thankx that was what i was thinking but i wanted to make sure… i shall do this now. thanks again for your help.

i had to remove online accounts as well which sucks because i liked that feature in pantheon but you gotta do what you gotta do. there is probably a reason i need to get ride of it in order to upgrade so i did. thanks again i think i would not have been able to figure this out without you.

If that is in AUR now you can probably reinstall it. It just would need to be built against current libraries.

1 Like

You can try to install online accounts after…

Never mind, @dalto beat me to it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.