Update Message

Salve , quando viene fatto l’aggiornamento mi da questo avviso
AUR controllo gli aggiornamenti:
:: Cerca su AUR per gli aggiornamenti…
→ Pacchetto AUR non trovato grub-tools grub2-theme-endeavouros nvidia-installer-db nvidia-installer-dkms
non c’è nulla da fare
Il sistema funziona perfettamente , prima questo messaggio non lo dava appare solo da alcuni giorni

Hi, when the update is done I give this notice AUR check for updates:
:: Search AUR for updates… → AUR package not found grub-tools grub2-theme-endeavouros nvidia-installer-db nvidia-installer-dkms
there is nothing to do
The system works perfectly, before this message did not give it appears only for a few days
Thanks
translated with google

Those are all packages that have been removed from our repos.

grub-tools and grub2-theme-endeavouros have been removed without replacement. We just don’t use them in new installs. It is up to you to remove them or keep them but they will never be updated. Please note that removing the grub theme requires matching changes to the config file.

nvidia-installer-db and nvidia-installer-dkms have been replaced by nvidia-inst. However, those packages are only used to setup your nvidia drivers. Unless you change you gpu/video card you probably don’t need either of those in an existing system.

Grazie per le informazioni, ho tolto i pacchetti obsoleti
come sostituisco lo sfondo iniziale del grub ?

Thanks for the info, I removed the obsolete packages
How do I replace the initial background of the grub?

Edit the file /etc/default/grub and comment out the line starting with GRUB_THEME=. Then run sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

You have two options to set a background on grub a theming package like the one we used before where you set the path to the theme.txt file in grub config or simply only an image as a background by providing a path to the image file that can not be under user home and readable by grub.

to do this you need to edit /etc/default/grub and comment or uncomment the right lines:

# Uncomment one of them for the gfx desired, a image background or a gfxtheme
GRUB_BACKGROUND="/boot/grub/livewall.png"
#GRUB_THEME="/path/to/gfxtheme"
#GRUB_THEME=/boot/grub/themes/EndeavourOS/theme.txt

in this example (the part of the grub file to edit) you see i commented to use the theme and uncommented the line for background only, adding the path to the image file you want to use.
(you may need to copy the background image you want to use path can be also /usr/share/backgrounds/yourimage.png p.e.)

After saving the file you need to regenerate the grub config by running:
sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

translated with ImTranslator

Hai due opzioni per impostare uno sfondo su grub un pacchetto tematico come quello che abbiamo usato prima dove imposti il ​​percorso del file theme.txt in grub config o semplicemente solo un’immagine come sfondo fornendo un percorso al file immagine che non può essere sotto user home e leggibile da grub.

Per fare ciò è necessario modificare /etc/default/grub e commentare o decommentare le righe giuste:

# Rimuovere il commento da una di esse per il gfx desiderato, uno sfondo immagine o a gfxtheme
GRUB_BACKGROUND='/boot/grub/livewall.png'
#GRUB_THEME='/path/to/gfxtheme'
#GRUB_THEME=/boot/grub/themes/EndeavourOS/theme.txt

in questo esempio (la parte del file grub da modificare) vedi che ho commentato per usare il tema e decommentato solo la riga per sfondo, aggiungendo il percorso al file immagine che vuoi usare.
(potrebbe essere necessario copiare l’immagine di sfondo che si desidera utilizzare il percorso può essere anche /usr/share/backgrounds/yourimage.png p.e.)

Dopo aver salvato il file è necessario rigenerare la configurazione di grub eseguendo:
sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

@dalto was faster while i was tinkering with translating :wink:

Grazie tante per i suggerimenti.

thank you very much for the suggestions

1 Like