Unable to Update Packages from Arch Repos

I noticed for the past few days I have only gotten AUR updates and updates from the Endeavour repo and nothing from the Arch repos which is unusual. I looked at the packages on the official website and I do have outdated packages. When I update with pacman I get the following:

:: Synchronizing package databases…
core 133.3 KiB 7.66 MiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
extra 1637.7 KiB 27.1 MiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
community 5.3 MiB 36.3 MiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
multilib 152.3 KiB 74.4 MiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
endeavouros 14.9 KiB 160 KiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade…
there is nothing to do

I tried updating the mirrors with reflector and it did not work. So what I did was update with reflector and manual edit the mirrorlist with a text editor in terminal by inputting the information from reflector.

I commented out the mirror at the top of the list and it fixed the issue. Strangely enough, the mirror is marked as Successfully Syncing on the status page and not Out of Sync.

depending on the reflector command in use, it could be a fast responding mirror but outdated :wink:

Could you show the command that didn’t work?

It’s reflector-simple from the endeavouros repo. The save button is not not saving for me.

I used reflector-simple and max hours from latest sync was set to 8h. It has been a few days though so a lot more than 8h.

You could just manually manage your mirrors, selecting from the Arch Mirror page and manually editing /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist. This is what I do.

https://archlinux.org/mirrors/status/

The quickest and most reliably synced mirrors tend to stay consistently strong, you don’t really need change them.

Using tools like reflector regularly is okay but can be a bit of a crapshoot, with mirrors included that have a quick pings but a lack of bandwidth to cope with busier times.

1 Like