Unable to extend monitor to the left

uefi. The install is uefi and theres an efi partition

Make sure secure boot is turned off and also CSM is disabled. You should be able to update the UEFI Bios from the UEFI settings screen using instant flash.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550M-ITXac/index.asp#BIOS

@shadow
Make sure if you decide at some point to update your UEFI Bios that you understand the procedure. You can do that at any time. It’s not totally necessary but i am a big believer in updating UEFI as the updates are important for the Ryzen platform.

Edit: This doesn’t necessarily have any thing to do with your current issue.

Im gonna update uefi bios, reset all the settings, then install the gnome version. Ill update when im done

1 Like

ON the download site, on 1.5 it says dnt update if u have a 3500x, whcih is what I have. Does that mean I cant specifically update to that version, or any version above it

Okay then don’t until you update the CPU in the future.

Edit: I wonder if it’s specifically that CPU though as you already have Bios version 1.50 and it says version 1.10 already supports the 5000 series processors.

1. Support AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series processors|

Edit2: But it also say’s

To support Ryzen 5000 G-series processors, it requires to update the BIOS with Matisse, Renoir or Vermeer CPU

Edit3: It’s probably that version for the 3300x cpu only and the versions higher may require the newer cpu to update.

I wonder if something was missed in your ‘original’ setup - as I have not had any trouble with XFCE on multi-monitor setups (as yet, anyway). However - the process is simplified by using arandr for the automatic ‘on boot’ for positioning and resolution.

It does not seem to matter how different they are from each other - my 2 are a 4K 3840x2160, and a rotated, scaled and positioned to the right (original 1600x1200 res, now 1800x2400).

This makes me wonder if the methods I used could be helpful before committing to a re-install. Let me know.

if you haven’t fixed it already, you can use arandr
pretty simple and lightweight GUI tool to manage multi monitor and positions of them

sudo pacman -S arandr