Unable to Boot after Kernel Upgrade 6.0

Hello all,

I have a secondary system running EOS that I haven’t used in a few months. I fixed the infamous Grub issue, but now the system will not boot properly. I get put in a maintenance mode shell after Systemd reports it is unable to mount /boot/efi due to the vfat filesystem not being recognized. I tried rolling back my kernel to the latest 5.9 release (from 6.2) but now the boot sequence gets stuck at “Remove unused cached package files”. I’m considering just backing up my home directory and reinstalling at this point but I wanted to see if any of you lovely people had any ideas.

Best,
klercke

This usually means there is something wrong with your installed kernel version or your kernel isn’t properly matched with your kernel modules.

This can almost always be fixed by booting off a live ISO, arch-chroot’ing into your system and reinstalling the kernel(and if needed the kernel-headers)

1 Like

I just gave this a shot. Reinstalled linux-zen (6.0.8, not sure why I said 6.2), linux-zen-headers, kmod, and mkinitcpio. Worked like a charm. Thanks for the help! I’m consistently impressed with how quick and helpful the replies on this forum are :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.