Two batteries showing on "Battery and Brightness"

The problem is what I describe in the title of the topic, a battery that I don’t know where it is appears in the “Device Viewer” section and because of this it also appears in the battery icon on the system tray.

I attached a screenshot of the problem:

I would rephrase this to “a battery that I don’t know where it is”, since the PC cannot find things that don’t exist :wink:

Details about your existing hardware in use, might have helped us to make a better guess.
From the little info you have posted, my magic crystal ball :crystal_ball: says the battery is inside a drawing assistant hardware, either embedded or external.

Check with

xinput list
1 Like

Thank you for the help!
Yes, I’m very sorry, I’m still learning about the basics of linux and there are many things that I still don’t know how to express :sweat_smile:

These are the list results:

WARNING: running xinput against an Xwayland server. See the xinput man page for details.
⎡ Virtual core pointer                          id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ xwayland-pointer:10                       id=6    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ xwayland-relative-pointer:10              id=7    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ xwayland-pointer-gestures:10              id=8    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ xwayland-touch:10                         id=10   [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ xwayland-tablet stylus:10                 id=11   [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ xwayland-tablet eraser:10                 id=12   [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ xwayland-tablet cursor:10                 id=13   [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard                         id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
    ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard               id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ xwayland-keyboard:10                      id=9    [slave  keyboard (3)]

Whatever this is, it seems it has an internal battery :person_shrugging: .

I mean, it’s a laptop… but it shouldn’t report a second battery, I’ve opened this device many times, I know it only has one battery.

(Sorry, when I wrote the topic I assumed that it was a laptop with a battery and that it was not necessary to mention it but rereading everything… it is not as obvious as I thought)

How do you know for sure? :laughing: Are you the manufacturer? :rofl:
Please, read the Laptop User Manual :person_shrugging: or ask at the vendor’s support service.

I apologize if I sound bad. It must be my lack of English language fluency… :greece:

Don’t worry, it’s not my first language either. :smile:
I have checked the manual when I have increased the ram and changed the wifi module, there is only one battery with a single cable that powers everything. :wink:

PS: It must be a KDE Plasma Bug because it doesn’t happen to me in Gnome. :melting_face:

It is not uncommon that some touchpads or other devices have an internal battery, which is seen by the system as a battery, not being able to have more info.
In your posted image, there is a clue, in the name of that battery. ELAN is a known driver for pointing devices, like a touchpad.
I have no other reason to talk about this :person_shrugging: . It’s your hardware. You should know, or your vendor would. :wink:

2 Likes

That is your stylus (pen) battery showing there.

I have three batteries :smile: Very similar to your hardware

And indeed searching linux hw probes finds this

1 Like

OMG! It’s true! Thank you very much for solving my doubt. :blush: I understand then that I can’t prevent it from appearing there, well, Does not matter at least now I understand what happened.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.