Trying to Install on Old Asus 2 in 1

My God…Some people just love to suffer i guess :rofl:

Why suffer? :recycle: :relieved:

1 Like

It is the challenge that attracts me… please see my other posts. Though I’m a bit old I’m still naughty and love challenge.

1 Like

Yeah, although i’m not sure if i was referring to people who buy this crap or make it…
The whole idea of making it seems more insane :laughing:

Probably made by :japanese_ogre:

Anyways, looking at both Arch & Debian links i’ve sent - it’s possible to use, but real pain…

I did the USB, enabled/disabled Secure Boot… still same!
Maybe there should be a Grub on the USB? as

Well… this is not a big issue for me.

I don’t want to waste your time guys. I’m sure you have something more important to do.

But still, in https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=179948
in point #4,
Should I create a grub.cfg
with

```
menuentry 'Arch Linux i686'{
echo 'Loading Linux core repo kernel ...'
linux /arch/boot/i686/vmlinuz noefi nomodeset archisobasedir=arch archisolabel=ARCH_201404
echo 'Loading initial ramdisk ...'
initrd /arch/boot/i686/archiso.img
}
menuentry 'Arch Linux x86_64'{
echo 'Loading Linux core repo kernel ...'
linux /arch/boot/x86_64/vmlinuz noefi nomodeset archisobasedir=arch archisolabel=ARCH_201404
echo 'Loading initial ramdisk ...'
initrd /arch/boot/x86_64/archiso.img
}

with some modifications ? What? Just copy to USB?

Sorry guys! I just marked as solved so not to waste your time.
Even in the link he says he could only boot but not even install.
So, it's ok.
Sorry to bother you.

All what I needed that time was a simple tablet to write notes and to browse.
But really thank you for the links. At least I learned something new.

1 Like

What? You buy crap? I don’t buy crap! But i see a lot of crap! EOS doesn’t boot? Don’t give me that crap!
:rofl:

The T100TA has a 64 bit processor but uses a 32 bit UEFI. Once secure boot is off and a suitable liveUSB is modified it should be possible to boot and install. I have mint running on a T100CHI (similar model.) Adding the 32 bit UEFI grub boot strap (bootia32.efi) to the liveUSB is the challenge. Many liveUSB ISO’s are read only. 2GB RAM is a bit limiting with modern linux distros. MX-Linux probably does works OOTB.

Here is an old post from the old Manjaro forum that outlines most of the steps required. Just substitute the EOS ISO for Manjaro. Frankly, it will take some fiddling because this guide is now quite stale.

As @jbMacAZ has said.

Asus T100TA
These systems will not boot any ISO built for a 64 bit systems without a workaround.

I see it can be done.
But a lot of hassle. Not worth it especially with 2 gb ram

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.