Touchpad Matebook D14

Hi everyone, sorry for my lack of English.
I have a Huawei Matebook D14 with ryzen 5 3500u, vega 8 ssd nvme 512gb. I installed dualboot endeavor but it gives me a problem with the touchpad. After some time, however, the touchpad starts to work at times. I have tried using manjaro and this problem does not arise. Solutions?

Hi, first of all welcome on the forum.

Perhaps this link can help you further, it seems to be a particular issue with this type of touchpad.

Thanks for your quick response. I tried to use that guide you sent me but it gives me the following error:

[mattia@mattia-nblkwax9x ~]$ systemctl status restart-touchpad.service
â—Ź restart-touchpad.service - Restart Touchpad
     Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/restart-touchpad.service; enabled; ven>
     Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2020-07-11 09:52:11 CEST; 10s>
    Process: 5349 ExecStart=/home/mattia/.local/bin/restart-touchpad.sh (code=e>
   Main PID: 5349 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

lug 11 09:52:11 mattia-nblkwax9x systemd[1]: Starting Restart Touchpad...
lug 11 09:52:11 mattia-nblkwax9x systemd[5349]: restart-touchpad.service: Faile>
lug 11 09:52:11 mattia-nblkwax9x systemd[5349]: restart-touchpad.service: Faile>
lug 11 09:52:11 mattia-nblkwax9x systemd[1]: restart-touchpad.service: Main pro>
lug 11 09:52:11 mattia-nblkwax9x systemd[1]: restart-touchpad.service: Failed w>
lug 11 09:52:11 mattia-nblkwax9x systemd[1]: Failed to start Restart Touchpad.

I don’t know which Matebook you own, the workaround is for the 2018 model, but perhaps you need another workaround for your specific hardware.
I’ve read that it is also occuring on the long run on Manjaro as well.

1 Like

Hi,
just to be sure: Have you created the script?

1 Like

yes, mine is the next model. In fact, with xinput I can’t find the elan touchpad. I have seen that with ubuntu it works. I don’t wish it was a kernel problem? But honestly I don’t want to go back to using a debian distro

Have you tried the LTS kernel? And have you created the script, as @Barqu asked?

1 Like

Yes, but neither the script nor the lts kernel works. Tips? there is no news regarding this touchpad.
this is the xinput:

Device:           06CBCDC2:00 06CB:CDE9 Touchpad