Tor Relays are Being Used to De-anonymize Users

:hocho: :onion: :sob:

Please share your thoughts/comments if you feel like.

2 Likes

Damn glowies at it again.

4 Likes

More info:

This is why i always use a VPN when playing with Tor

2 Likes

Doesn’t make sense, any VPN is easily de-anonimizable, especially by glowies
so if they got your current TOR session - you’re busted anyway :laughing:

4 Likes

TOR isn’t really safe anyway. There are just too many possible approaches to deanonymize user those days:

https://www.heise.de/hintergrund/Missing-Link-Wie-sicher-ist-der-Anonymisierungsdienst-Tor-6272025.html

(Sorry, you guys have to translate this yourself, I’m at work and don’t have time right now. But it’s definitely worth a read!)

5 Likes

The only safe solution.

2 Likes

Since the wire already have been cut there
guess who can wiretap that?!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the article!
I am half way through with help from a translator.
Interesting read!

1 Like

This doesn’t help, in fact its just as if not easier to de-anonymize you. This also adds another layer of trust you can’t verify. Who is to say your VPN provider isn’t monitoring your TOR traffic?

3 Likes

According to there privacy policy no, but who knows
https://www.ivpn.net/privacy/#:~:text=When%20you%20sign%20up%20for,account%20issues%2C%20network%20downtime%20etc.

@keybreak
Is there a way to protect or alert a de-anonymisation, apart of cutting the RJ45 :sweat_smile:

I don’t think so really
 :laughing:
Well, obviously it depends on what you’re doing. :male_detective:

For example if you’re dissident in China or investigative journalist going against :clown_face: :earth_africa: people - definitely cut RJ45 :rofl:

Whonix and Tails helps :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I always Test Tor, never make someting serious on it, but am interested in privacy concern, this is why i use Linux, oups Endeavour Os :slightly_smiling_face:

So all chinese people must use WiFI :joy:

1 Like
2 Likes

Nice, i will try.
Thank you @keybreak

2 Likes