To move to EndeavourOS or Not?

You just need to be ready to maintain your system, ideally learn about using pacman and terminal commands for that. Arch based distros are rolling release, more frequent updates. it depends on your level of readiness to learn.

To me it makes sense to use arch for newer hardware because I need the newest driver support. If you have older hardware, you are ok, but not things like 32 bit I think.

Here you adapt the distro to your liking, meaning eos gives you a nice way to get started but without additional stuff enabled by default because each users have different needs. Some users have a hard time to understand that, for example Bluetooth is not enabled by default. If you want everything to be ready and you have special needs (e.g. flatpak etc.) you need to install and configure yourself, else use something like Linux mint. However, arch wiki explains most of these things and then we have this amazing community. It’s pretty easy.

For me eos just works, use it daily at work, have configured my system and happy with that.

Edits: here is also a good read…

Welcome to the community! Btw I also switched over from Manjaro, right at the beginning of the pandemic :wink:

2 Likes