Looking for some help, I`m currently facing two problems:
I cant connect to a few sites or repos, such as distroWatch, aur.archlinux.org (cant install anything from AUR), but I can ping them.
and…I can connect to them inside my VMs.
Tried reinstalling NetworkManager, Chromium said to check proxy but its already disabled…Not sure what to look
the second problem, using the nvidia-390xx driver, everything works fine, but, it doesnt support Vulcan so I need to run proton with OpenGL which is running a lot worst for a few titles.
While on the latest version (440x), it makes the whole system to hard freeze every few seconds, for like 5-15 seconds.
I`m on a laptop, here are the specs:
2x8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
SSD 512Gb + 1Tb HDD
system fully upgraded
Anyone got any ideas? xd
You should make separate threads for each of your problems.
For the first issue please return the output of
inxi -Fxxxza --no-host
When is the last time this laptop hardware was maintained (cleaned) ?
Your Nvidia GTX960M should be using the 440.xx series drivers. You may have an issue with having the 390.xx drivers installed so you should remove all nvidia and install it properly. Have you tried using the welcome screen and just updating the mirrors?
Edit: Temps seems high also. You should be able to use the installer to install nvidia-dkms and bumblebee
You can run the installer test.
If there are no errors you can install the drivers with
sudo systemctl reboot
You could also install bumblebee so add -b to the test and then also to the install. Example:
nvidia-installer-dkms -b -t
sudo nvidia-installer-dkms -b
Here is the info:
I runned the command just after closing a game xD
I cleaned and applied fresh MX4 on it a few months ago
I monitor temperatures all the time with an widget on my top bar.
I did follow that guide after I clean install, had problems… Then I went for the 390x drivers.
Have you looked at this site regarding vulkan.
Yes, thou, I`m not sure if that Max API version makes a lot of difference, or if its to blame for the freezes.
Eighter way, I cant try other versions that are on AUR cause I cant use it due to the first problem
Is it only the Arch Aur site you cannot connect to? Are you able to connect to all other https sites. The handshake error can be from too slow internet, being behind proxy, ISP issue, bad security certificates to browser issues etc. Have you tried other https sites, try another browser etc. That is all i can suggest until you can pinpoint the cause.
protondb, distrowatch, wiki.archlinux.org
some http some https
They work inside my VMs, tried inside a Manjaro, Solus and a Windows VM…They all connect.
Tried Chromium and Firefox, cant install chrome without AUR, which I cant connect rn.
I got 20mb/s down and up.
Proxy is disabled.
If I boot up on a liveUSB, I can connect normaly as well.
YES! and I have no idea why
also, I just tried to connect to distrowatch after searching it on google and clicking on the result link and it connected and it loaded the page…but it doesnt stop loading
and it doesnt work for the other pages…And it only worked like 3 times, and its not loading anymore
You said you tried reinstalling network manager? Have you checked the /etc/resolv.conf file that is created by network manager. Maybe it isn’t correct for some unknown reason.
Edit : What is the output.
It should contain your internal network address and your lan
My file only shows 2 ip addresses. One is my internal private address and the other is my connection to the LAN which is my service provider. Are you able to ping those ip addresses?
Edit: I know that 220.127.116.11 is Google
The other two i think are also Google IP version 6 maybe
18.104.22.168 must be your LAN
See if you can ping them and you could run:
I am unable to ping the IP version 6 addresses. Maybe you could just try commenting out those with # and save the file and see if it makes any difference as you can always change it back later. Both of those are Google.
You can use:
sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf
Then just comment out the two ip version 6 addresses in front of nameserver with #
Then save the file with ctrl x
This is just a test to see if that is the problem.
Tried the changes to resolv.conf and no luck eighter xd
For now, I`m back to manjaro till I can get it working, going to install Endevour on a VM and see if I can replicate the problem, or make a dual boot with manjaro.
First time something like this happens to me, but seen a lot of topics about similar problems without solution on several foruns.
Thanks for the help guys