Thunderbird 68.8.0 package missing on updating

In the latest update I got this:

thunderbird-i18n-nl 68.7.0-1 -> 68.8.0-1

But when I want to update it says it is missing, the text is in Dutch:

waarschuwing:kan “thunderbird>=68.8.0”, een afhankelijkheid van “thunderbird-i18n-nl”, niet vinden
:: Het volgende pakket kan niet worden geüpgrade vanwege onoplosbare afhankelijkheden:
thunderbird-i18n-nl

:: Wilt u bovenstaand pakket overslaan voor deze upgrade? [j/N]
fout:fout bij het voorbereiden van transactie (kan niet aan afhankelijkheden voldoen)
:: kan niet voldoen aan afhankelijkheid ‘thunderbird>=68.8.0’ benodigd voor thunderbird-i18n-nl

upstream update failed!

warning: cannot resolve "thunderbird>=68.8.0", a dependency of "thunderbird-i18n-de"
:: The following package cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable dependencies:
      thunderbird-i18n-de

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/thunderbird/
language packs are updated but not thunderbird itself…

1 Like

I had this here with either Thunderbird and Firefox. My solution was to delete the language files (i18n) using pacman and added the language from within the program’s settings.
Worked flawlessly.
There is no necessity to install the language files via packagemanagement.

or simple do not update language package…

sudo pacman -Syyu
[sudo] password for joekamprad: 
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                                  131,4 KiB  2,57 MiB/s 00:00 [------------------------------------] 100%
 extra                                1639,5 KiB  5,80 MiB/s 00:00 [------------------------------------] 100%
 community                               4,9 MiB  5,74 MiB/s 00:01 [------------------------------------] 100%
 multilib                              159,3 KiB  6,76 MiB/s 00:00 [------------------------------------] 100%
 endeavouros                            11,9 KiB  0,00   B/s 00:00 [------------------------------------] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
warning: cannot resolve "thunderbird>=68.8.0", a dependency of "thunderbird-i18n-de"
:: The following package cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable dependencies:
      thunderbird-i18n-de

:: Do you want to skip the above package for this upgrade? [y/N] 

say yes :wink:

1 Like

That would have been too easy. :wink:
And I thought I’d better choose a solution which helps to solve that issue on the long run.

Yes, that worked for me saying yes, but I have it only with Thunderbird, with Firefox no problems, updated with new package.

Perhaps Thunderbird assumes automatically you need the native language pack installed, reading it from your language settings in the DE, and the browser doesn’t.

Problem is that Archlinux doesn’t package thunderbird 68.8.0 before providing updated language pack… One maintainer for thunderbird, another for language pack… Annoying.

It hurts!

you can update thunderbird

lang packs updated 2020-05-08
thunderbird updated today

may related to security?
https://security.archlinux.org/AVG-1155