This morning it was ok

Hello, i am using an Amd A8, 1tb hdd lenovo laptop. This morning i successfully update pacman all the mirrors this morning. But now i can’t boot the os anymore. I didn’t use any swap in the installation process. I really don’t understand what happen. I just wanted to highlight what happen to me. I did install the basic desktop.

if you can login with username and password:
make sure updates are completely done:
sudo pacman -Syyu
rebuild kernel images and grub.cfg:
sudo mkinitcpio -P
sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
If you can not login to cli with this:
EFI uefi:

legacy BIOS systems:

if you can chroot into system:
make sure updates are completely done:
sudo pacman -Syyu
rebuild kernel images and grub.cfg:
sudo mkinitcpio -P
sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
7 Likes

I will just reinstall the OS. I don’t think i know mi linux that much.

I got the same or a simmilar problem with a Lenovo laptop. Reinstalling did not do the trick (I just have a new unriced istall on it, so what not). Due to working my ass off, I haven’t had time to fiddle about with it yet.

I did the previous install on the legacy support. Now i am going to use the efi system. We will see. I am on it now

1 Like

@ad0791
You should use efi if you have a UEFI system.

I gave up. Tomorrow i will do the pure arch. Thank you

Just warning, you’ll get exactly same experience, but harder…
So if you want to waste time :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This doesn’t make sense? Set your system to use efi so partition your drive to GPT with gparted and then run the installer. Make sure secure boot and fast boot are off in UEFI. Either use erase disc and set swap with no hibernate or hibernate or do manual partitioning which requires an efi partition formatted to fat 32 and flagged as /boot/efi and set as /boot and create your other partitions such as root /, also /home if wanted and swap. :wink:

3 Likes