The Tardy Way™

x4te1mcs77131

7 Likes

I think you are in trouble @anon3337769. The court does not look to be on your side. If needed, I will sneak you the needed stuff to break out.

Also, awesome post!

5 Likes

The frog really didn’t taste that bad - I’ve had moths that tasted much nastier - but I solemnly swear that I will never eat a frog again.

Probably.

6 Likes

I did adhere to this already, but I’d like to extend it to “accept a desktop environment for what it is”. For years I had a hard relationship with GNOME because I thought it would be good to let it behave like KDE or XFCE or… Since last week I have a fresh install of EOS with GNOME, I did not change anything (except switchting to Dash to Dock), and hey…look at me now. A happy GNOME user.

4 Likes

Some people just gonna mess around no matter what ya tell em! They break it … they fix it! Or they have to re-install it the Arch way as punishment! :rofl:

3 Likes

hmpf … :thinking:

3 Likes

windows 95 not windows 98

2 Likes

Regarding your first point, I mention a recent incident with me.
Just yesterday I had a problem with my test EOS external drive. Namely, I hadn’t updated for over two months, so there was a problem with Arch keyrings that prevented package updates. I wasn’t scared, after a quick search on the Arch forum I found suggestions for solutions after the ideas I found on the Arch Wiki weren’t effective. From what I’ve read, it turned out that if Arch hasn’t been updated for at least two months, the keyrings are obsolete and need to be updated. Of course, I didn’t know that before. With this case, I just wanted to show you how important your first point is, so you also need to understand what you are doing in certain situations. Because of my good Linux experience, I dared to do what was written on the Arch forum, so that the third solution I read there was successful.

6 Likes

All hail the glorious Tardy Way™

Drink.

Drink heavier.

yay

Take a shot when the system updates

Repeat every 1-3 weeks ( the update part, drinking is far more frequent)

I follow very similar way. I’ve only been unbootable once that didn’t involve me doing something stupid. Which I plan on prior to doing the stupid thing. Both a complete timeshift and then an extra talk glass of tequila.

4 Likes

Not far from my own philosophy. If one follows the Tardy way, does that make one a Tardy-grade?

I just love those little sturdy critters.

@fbodymechanic

I’m having a beer at least. :wink:

11 Likes

2018 Grand Reserva from Chile with homemade pizza on the east coast.

IMG_20201027_185950

Edit. Apparently I have had too much wine. This goes in the drinking thread. Although I guess it’s also applicable here in ways also.

Cheers EnOS.

4 Likes

Good booze is always welcome in one of my threads. It’s always welcome in my house, too. Also in my belly. :yum:

4 Likes

One of these days Tardy, I promise we’ll have a PB stout together somewhere.

I’m back on the right coast for now. One of these days though, and it’s going to be glorious.

4 Likes

I also have been or should I say was a debian user since my initial purchase of the apple IIc.
Many, many years later we all share a linux system that is light years ahead of the competition,and this has not come about by some commercial wonder or expeniture of millions of dollars by a tech company but from varied background input of millions of GNU supporters. You know you are on a winner when your competition starts using your code in their product !
The best part of linux in my opinion is the ability to create an working enviroment that you personally like, not one that a vendor says you will like.
All this comes about from community input, no matter how small, from voicing a requirement to writing better code to share. EndevourOS users are a community of people with visions and experience and this hopefully with their commited input will make it one of the best Linux distros.

2 Likes

Point 2 is Golden: If you go Arch, go proper Arch!
Don’t muck about with LTS kernels or Manjaro ‘holding back updates’ and sumsuch nonsense. I update every time an update rolls around, never regretted it yet.

For stable no-maintenance Server OS there is Debian.

4 Likes

I agree I just roll with Arch updates and Endeavour on!

5 Likes

Endeavour on, Rick!

3 Likes

It’s called Endeavour for a reason, wouldn’t be much of an endeavour if you stood still all the time.

4 Likes

Hey you’ve just offended generations of meditating mystics! :joy:

:moyai: :sloth:

5 Likes

What are they gonna do about it? Meditate some more? Bring it! :rofl:

3 Likes