The September release has arrived

Just checked the file name, indeed July. Didn’t notice that a newer image was at the bottom.
Alright, one more time :slight_smile:

Edit: Flawless install on VirtualBox! Well done!

3 Likes

Dear Bryan,

On several of my computers I installed EndeavourOS from the original July 15 iso. I update these computers at least every other day with the yay command.

Do these computers have all that would be installed if I were to reinstall using the latest iso? In other words, as a rolling release, are even the computers with the earliest system installed the “same” as those with the latest system installed as they are being updated regularly?

If not, is there anything I can do to make them “current” without the bother of reinstalling the system?

Thank you for all that you and the other developers do.

Lawrence

The release updates are just to update the offline installer, if we don’t do that, then new users will have to deal with a big update after install and also with the chance it will break the system after the update.

When you’re installed system is updated regularly, just days after release of the monthly refresh, your system is even more up to date than the ISO.

So you don’t have to do anything on your system, besides updating your system, to get the latest software releases.

3 Likes

Any way existing users can migrate their sessions to shiny, newer defaults? New cursor and icon themes; dependency and driver adaptations, desktop arrangements, etc. New users benefit from EOS-specific improvements/changes present in latest release.

Would be nice if upgrades carried over to early adopters. :slightly_smiling_face:

I noticed that date-descending order is a bit confusing for someone looking for iso @ github. Is there a way to reverse it so that newest release will be on top? I guess that’s what people are used to (or at least me and perhaps @TomZ) :wink:

2 Likes

@patryk @TomZ

:wink: Fixed it like this:

Schermafdruk%20van%202019-09-18%2011-19-53

4 Likes

Yes you can:

The icon theme is called arc-x-icons-theme (you can find it in our repo)
The EndeavourOS welcome screen is called welcome (our repo)
The drivers are installed except for the new nvidia-installer-dkms (our repo)

1 Like

I made a little advertisement for september release on my french speaking blog today.

http://frederic.bezies.free.fr/blog/?p=19082

EndeavourOS annonce la sortie de sa nouvelle image ISO, la 2019.09.15 avec quelques nouveautés intéressantes sous le capot, l’installateur en ligne étant prévu pour cet automne.

Rough translation?

EndeavourOS announces the release of its new ISO image, the 2019.09.15 one with some interesting new features under the hood, the online installer being planned for this fall.

Hope it helps :hugs:

3 Likes

Thank you for this answer. This clarifies the concerns I had.

Lawrence

1 Like

What I meant was, for a way for changes to take effect on preexisting adopters with every release. This way, every EOS installation, new or old, stays current.

Thought I’d share a suggestion. :beers:

We’re looking into that, it will be easier when the net-installer is launched, because it needs a different approach in packaging.

1 Like