The Next PinePhone Community Edition Has Been Announced

We finally get to see what Canonical, I mean Manjaro CORP, spent their time and budget on. The third PinePhone will contain Manjaro OS.

Specs look good except for the camera, which according to the review, doesn’t sound like they have working yet. They should have worked in at least an 8MP camera. Obviously you would want the one with most ram and storage, but good pricing regardless.

Have a peek.

10 Likes

:thinking:

11 Likes

There will be expensive gaming laptops for everyone on the team (solely for the purpose of building packages, of course).

9 Likes

My emojis on this forum are not working at all now…but just know, I am LOL’n all this.

2 Likes

They work like crap and with infinite loading, but if you’ll search they’ll appear :wink:

P.S. Damn, now i want to be part of Manjaro team, free laptops :rofl:

6 Likes

I really want a Pinephone, but I am waiting for it to mature a bit further. Wouldn’t want to run Manjaro on it however.

3 Likes

I’d like to see more than 3GB RAM. With that as the max, I’m not really interested.

3 Likes

True, so would I, but you also have to weigh in the fact of the price point, which is pretty cheap…and the fact it is not tied to Google Spyware Corp in anyway. I would pay anything for that. It is my last spyware piece left on the game table.

3 Likes

What do you plan to do to a phone with more than 32 Gb of RAM ? :exploding_head:

1 Like

Uhh - 3 GB.

Although a phone with 32 GB of RAM would sure give you some bragging rights!

9 Likes

Oh i see…this infographics is not the most intuitive, i though it’s all: 2, 3, 16, 32 Gb of RAM :rofl:

2 Likes

So the PinePhone with Manjaro on it can be ordered now?

You can preorder the Manjaro PinePhone Community Edition from mid-September direct from the Pine64 web store.

1 Like

Yea i just found that info here at the bottom of this post. https://www.pine64.org/2020/08/31/pinephone-manjaro-community-edition/

Thank you @RodneyCK

1 Like

The previous “PostmarketOS” version is still available if you want to order one now:

https://store.pine64.org/product/pinephone-community-edition-postmarketos-limited-edition-linux-smartphone/ ($149)

https://store.pine64.org/product/pinephone-community-edition-postmarketos-with-convergence-package-limited-edition-linux-smartphone/ ($199)

4 Likes

I’m a bit concerned about the processing power behind it. For the price of course one shouldn’t expect much, but for me to consider it I’d need something that’s smooth to use and powerful enough to do day to day things I use my phone for.

3 Likes

Hmm, think I’ll skip this one.

Not just because of Manjaro, but the Pine is a LONG way away from being market ready.

For me it’d need a decent working camera, and pretty comprehensive support for Android Apps (mainly for banking & NFC payments).

6 Likes

That was pretty disappointing

2 Likes

If they beefed up the hardware a bit (bring it into the current year from 2007), it would be a very usable phone.

Yeah, I agree with some of the comments about having better specs and more maturity. I do hope they get to a place where they sell, and there is a drive to continue development in future iterations.

Of course, I’d rather run EOS instead. Grins