The "eos-update --yay" does not work

I’m getting this error. Any idea how I can fix this?

this is the error message I’m getting.

:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing pacman (6.1.0-3) breaks dependency 'pacman<6.1' required by libpamac-full

1 Like

I would uninstall pamac first.

Update the system.

Reinstall pamac. Not sure though if it has been updated to match the latest version of pacman.

EDIT: libpamac-full has not yet been updated in AUR.

4 Likes

I’m getting the same.

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing pacman (6.1.0-3) breaks dependency 'libalpm.so=13-64' required by libpamac-aur
:: installing pacman (6.1.0-3) breaks dependency 'pacman<6.1' required by libpamac-aur
 -> error installing repo packages
[christopher67@EndeavourOS ~]$

:man_shrugging:t4:

pacman<6.1 ← libpamac-full: could not satisfy dependencies

removed:
sudo pacman -R libpamac-full pamac-all pamac-cli

update and install:
yay -S pamac-aur

Hi! I uninstalled libpamac-aur and pamac-aur from my system, then I could do:

sudo pacman -Syyu

without errors (using pacman 6.1.0-3).

But now I can’t install libpamac-aur and pamac-aur - give me the errors:

when try to install pamac:

(for pamac-full):

Error: Cannot find the debugedit binary required for including source files in debug packages.
Failure to install layer, going to next layer.error: erro building pacman-git - exit status 15

and then:

missing dependicies:
→ pacman-git
→ libpamac-full
→ pamac-cli

When try to install libpamac using yay:

• same error as pamac-full:

Cannot find the debugedit binary required for including source files in debug packages.
Failure to install layer, going to next layer.error: erro building pacman-git - exit status 15

And then:

missing dependency pacman-git

Seens to me that pacman 6.1.0-3 conflicts with libpamac and pamac. In time: yay works fine.

You would have to wait until the package maintainer updates the PKGBUILD.

Currently, the PKGBUILD for libpamac-aur still contains ‘pacman<6.1’

The only packages that can work right now is libpamac-full and libpamac-nosnap.

In my opinion, the whole pamac situation is a mess. Just look at the number of versions available for the same package, for heaven’s sake (libpamac? libpamac-aur? libpamac-full? libpamac-nosnap? libpamac-full-git? libpamac-full-dev? pamac? pamac-all? pamac-aur? pamac-nosnap? pamac-classic?). Not even sure why anyone would want to use it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer.
You are right, I will wait for the maintainer update.

Cheers!

or don’t :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

:point_up:

1 Like

Worked for me, thanks!

1 Like

Solved my problem with libpamac-aur and pamac-aur.

Read this post and understood that I have to install the package debugedit, that is part of base-devel. So I have done:

$ sudo pacman -S base-devel

and then:

yay -S libpamac-aur

(installed without errors)

and then:

yay -S pamac-aur

(installed without errors)

Pamac is working fine now. Only problem is about the gui of pamac in XFCE. Edit: reboot the system and the icon tray appeared. Now pamac and the gui is working.

Thanks for the repply.

1 Like

In two of my laptops that I update every Sunday (today, that is) I was met with this
debugedit issue. But it was for Brave browser & everything else I tried (randomly) to install from AUR. On my main, everyday use laptop, which I update as soon as I’m informed about new updates/upgrades, I don’t recall any such warnings (I don’t remember when Brave browser got updated, but it was very recently). So, is it a needed package to AUR from now on? I’ll be waiting for the next AUR package update to check it out.