Thank you EOS -- SwayWM on Debian (tutorial)

SwayWM on Debian (tutorial)

If you are in search of a FREE SwayWM installation and migration tutorial (including dotfiles etc.) I have just revised and updated ‘such a beast’. You may find it at:

Be advised the tutorial is rather long and detailed. With any luck, it is also accurate. I believe (hope?) this is my last large revision… although I plan to keep the dotfiles reasonably current.

#Linux #Debian #LiliDog #BearDog #Sway #Wayland #Technology #EndeavourOS

post a pic

4 Likes

This looks cool. Great tutorial. Btw, why debian instead of arch ? :slight_smile:

More of a happenstance than a huge plan. :wink: I am running 7 WMs (including SwayWM) in a single user space on Debian Sid… mostly because Debian is easiest for me to set up VBox for my genealogy work.

1 Like

For those who are interested in the ‘free’, updated (and stable version) of my SwayWM tutorial, tips, dotfiles and SwayWM evaluation (on both EndeavourOS (Arch) & Debian), enjoy. (mods: if this post is not allowed, please feel free to remove it.)

I have, just so you know, settled on running SwayWM on EndeavourOS… for now, until I change my mind, get bored, find world peace…

Proof of life image:

Lastly, please feel to use anything you find useful from the posting and linked content. It comes with my iron-clad Warranty (???).

Remember, like with all of my work, I am able to provide the following assurance(s):

• It is almost certainly going to work until it breaks; although I have to admit it may never work and that would be sad.
  • When/if it does break, you may keep all of the pieces.
  • If you find my materials helpful, both you & I will be happy, at least for a little while.
  • My advice is worth every penny you paid for it!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.