Terminal Word game :) A great intro to the terminal

Hi zwygi49. The next one after mine above should start with ‘x’, for example, “xset”, then the next player would post a command starting wit ‘t’.

Have another try! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi keith, sorry for that, the only one command I know starting with x is:
xdg-open as for:

xdg-open Terminal Word game :) A great intro to the terminal

Thanks for letting me know!

2 Likes

nnn - a terminal file browser with a strong focus on bridging the gap between the terminal and the desktop environment.

Bildschirmfoto%20vom%202019-08-12%2023-29-24
such a nice one!

1 Like

hah, I agree!

nice - run a program with modified scheduling priority :wink:

echo - used to display a line of text that are passed as an argument .

glxgears
glxgears
For that figure to appear, you must have a mesa and mesa-demos installed

scrot - command line screen capture utility

@judd You had to follow @keith echo :slight_smile: next was o :slight_smile:

nvm next leter is : t

Ah, I’m sorry, I didn’t know that, sorry … :pensive:

top - display linux processes :slight_smile:

paccache -d ~ paccache removes old packages from the pacman cache directory.
-d flag performs a dry run, only finding candidate packages.

1 Like

:rofl: does options too count?

Yeah, I’m not sure if flags count, so I’ll fix it now.

detox - Detox is a utility designed to clean up filenames. It replaces difficult to work with characters, such as spaces, with standard equivalents.

Example
before:
The Rolling Stones
after:
The_Rolling_Stones

3 Likes

xdg-open - opens a file or URL in the user’s preferred application

1 Like

ncmpcpp - music player (front end for mpd)

printf - format and print data

Like echo but provides better formatting features. Resembles C language function printf().

figlet - display large characters made up of ordinary screen characters

2 Likes

tldr - man pages shortened with most common examples

Example:

patryk@patryk-pc ~ % tldr top
# top                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Display dynamic real-time information about running processes.                                                                                                                                                                              

- Start top:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

top                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

- Do not show any idle or zombie processes:                                                                                                                                                                                                   

top -i

1 Like