System not booting / A startjob is running for root partition

Pleasant evening folks,

I am in need of your help. I am also writing this post on a phone, so i cannot really include any outputs. I cant login because I cant access keepass because my backup didnt copy dotfiles.

I just tried to setup EOS again on my laptop after running it comfortably for a while now. If need be, the inxi output is in one of my other posts. Since I ran out of space before I cleared some things up and now created the system with lvm to be able to adapt to situations. I set thr volume group up terminal and then installed via calameres. This took some tries for whatever reason, but in the end it all seemed to work. On my first boot though I was struck with the message in the title. The kernel has an endless startjob running for the root partition (which is on lvm).

I checked other websites from the liveusb but they all just said to check UUIDs in fstab and crypttab. All of my UUIDs are fine and while I do want to have an encrypted /home, commenting that line out of the fstab does nothing. The startjob will run for a comfortable 8 minutes (and maybe more, I didn’t feel like watching the counter go any higher).

The partition also seems fine to me, it can be accessed from the liveiso and arch-chrooted into.

What can I do?

Edit 2023-03-02-23:42: I have gone without lvm because I am deeply annoyed with trying to figure things out that I’ve done before. Going No-LVM was a hail mary before going back to windows becausw i am tired of tht kind of thing happening. If there is a fix, consider leaving it for somebody else in the future. At least I couldn’t find a better approach so there is clearly a market.

Boot the live ISO flash or boot an any another good arch os ::::: applied only for grub, not for ‘dracut’

Check /dev/sdx1 (vfat32) for the two directory:
/EFI/boot – bootx64.efi
/EFI/endeavouros – grubx64.efi (or whatever os you may have)

Check uuid of /dev/sdx1 and /dev/sdx2 in /etc/fstab (using tool, yay -S gnome-disk-utility)
$ edit /etc/fstab (using ‘sudo thunar’ in terminal and using mousepad in ‘sudo thunar’ window)
adjust the correct uuid for sdx1 and sdx2

$ sudo mkdir /boot/efi (if not exists in sdx2, using ‘sudo thunar’ window)

$ sudo mount /dev/sdx2 /mnt

$ sudo arch-chroot /mnt mkinitcpio -p linux (yay -S arch-install-scripts)
$ sudo arch-chroot /mnt grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg (check again the uuid in /boot/grub/grub.cfg in ‘sudo thunar’ window)

$ sudo mount /dev/sdx1 /mnt/boot/efi

$ sudo pacman -S grub efibootmgr os-prober (if not exists, install it )

$ sudo grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --bootloader-id=GRUB --boot-directory=/mnt/boot --efi-directory=/mnt/boot/efi --no-nvram --removable

$ reboot