System monitoring tool

It won’t overwrite EITHER of them! :grin: Or however many of them you split it to, nor will it matter what monitor you load 'em on…

Saves space too (well - it can!)
tmp-pt-cpnk

1 Like

2.39 GiB? Does Conky use that much memory?
Does it depend on how many things you are monitoring?

1 Like

I suppose it could (what with also multiple weather reposts, multiple scrolling lists going, an Astrolabe etc on the go - but I suspect in this case it is the 2 browsers, telegram-desktop, thunderbird, 3 games and vs-code that are the culprits! :grin:

The pic is just a slice of the top-right main screen conky, not a full screenshot!

Alright. So it shows the mem usage for all the currently running apps? I thought it was only conky itself using so much RAM :blush:

I read about this recently.

Supposedly even more detailed than the htop. https://htop.dev

I took a further look at it - and it might have been. After all, there are a total of 15 conky processes running at the time.

┌07:22:59 WD= [/usr/share/conkywx]
└───freebird@nest ─▶$ ps -e | grep conky | wc -l

and it is conceivable that conkywx got counted in there too… Can’t say as I paid it any attention before, as I have lotsa RAM, and it doesn’t hit the processor very hard (3%?) even with the 4 vertical smooth scrollers going.

1 Like

Very nice.

Perfect for monitoring my VPS’s. Just replaced the old and rather complex setup (glances+influxdb+grafana) with netdata on all machines. :star_struck:

2 Likes

I use btop++ that @zoli62 already mentioned above. It gets the job done :smiley:

whats that?

a URL :wink:

2 Likes