Stuck on triggering uevents

I don’t know how to make an installer log in the installer or the boot log at a time to get relevant information despite reading the template.

Hardware information:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
Intel Core i7-13700K

I tried it both with the nvidia installer and the default. Also tried using popsicle instead of etcher

Based on the hardware information you have provided, you may just need to add ibt=off on the boot line. Popsicle should work just fine.

• When booting the ISO, highlight the nvidia proprietary
  • press the e key
  • should put you in edit mode, add ibt=off at the end of the line
1 Like

Thanks that worked! It seems I also have to add ibt=off when I boot it into the OS after install or else it freezes but it works.

1 Like

It seems ibt=off doesn’t stay in the edit and I have to put it in every time though. Is there a way to make it so it’s there every time by default so I don’t have to readd it?

Once installed you can edit

Systemd boot (this is default now, so if you didn’t change)

edit

/etc/kernel/cmdline

and add it to the end and save.

• run sudo dracut-rebuild

Grub
edit

/etc/default/grub

and add it to the end of GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT= and save

• run sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Some additional information for nvidia

I added it and it still it appears in the cmdline file after running sudo dracut-rebuild and rebooting, but it doesn’t appear in the actual boot menu it doesn’t boot as if it’s there either, still freezes. I didn’t install grub and only have systemd boot.

Thanks for the addition information.

Try running

sudo reinstall-kernels

That worked thanks again.

1 Like

Sorry, still learning the new systemd stuff, now I know to add the latter command!

Glad you got it working!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.