Strange certificate issues

Hello gents!
Yesterday main computer was giving me some headaches.
To keep it short:
On weekend was working fine, updated and after that every browser I use gives same error:
NET:ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
Baffling, as Lynx and Midori browsers work just fine. I can ping anywebsite, I have internet connection. However, Vivaldi, Brave, Firefox just throw that error, no matter what.
What I tried
Checked the time an date in BIOS and OS. - ok
Flushed DNS cache and browsers cache- nada
Changed DNS to Cloudflare and Google- no diCE.
Any suggestions?

If I remember on Firefox long tile ago I got this, I removed a certificat inside it then reinstall it, it happens often with Firefox when a certificat becomes invalid or when browser update change with who they use certificat… hope it helps !

still an issue?

Installed Opera and it was never installed on this system. Gives same error.
What I am missing?

Perhaps a mirror issue?

1 Like

Hello!
You can check pacman log cat /var/log/pacman.log

If you know the day you updated “On weekend was working fine, updated and after
then you can use grep to select the date cat /var/log/pacman.log |grep "2020-04-13" Add the day you updated the system there.

You can also check with your favorite text editor.
This is the best way to check if a package is causing conflicts and you can test downgrading those related with internet.

I updated my system yesterday and have no issues (i use opera most of the time)

Updating the system again may also update a package in case a fix was released for it mainstream

[root@adrian-pc adrian]# journalctl -p 3 -xb
-- Logs begin at Tue 2020-04-14 18:59:47 CEST, end at Tue 2020-04-14 19:10:44 CEST. --
abr 14 18:59:47 adrian-pc kernel: sp5100-tco sp5100-tco: Watchdog hardware is disabled
abr 14 19:00:02 adrian-pc sddm-helper[1320]: gkr-pam: unable to locate daemon control file

Could this be the cause?

Also, pacman-mirrors returns command not found.

First issue first…

sp5100-tco sp5100-tco: Watchdog hardware is disabled
This one you can safely blacklist. Briefly it is for a specific type of motherboard. to blacklist it in terminal do:
sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/sp5100_tco.conf
Once the the editor opens (here I use nano if you have another use that…just replace nano with your editor of choice) Enter the following into the file (just type it in)
blacklist sp5100_tco
Next hit ctrl+o (that’s the letter o) to write and then ctrl + x to save.
Then systemctl reboot
recheck the journal and it should no longer complain about this.

As for gkr-pam: unable to locate daemon control file I only get this on certain DE’s. I looked for a long time how to make it go away but the most common advice is to just ignore it. I have never found a true solution. The only thing I kind of figured out is it is gnome-keyring related. When I was using plasma removing ```gnome-keyring`` made this error stop. YMMV. None of this is what’s causing the original issue BTW :hugs:

paman-mirrors is a manjaro thing. If you want to change your mirror list just use the welcome app.

Did all the above, no dice.
I had a half mind to wipe the disk and start fresh, and set things from ground up.
Making backup ups and will just completely reinstall and be done with it.
Opportunity to test the new ISO, after all.

1 Like

Did you check latest upgraded packages? Is a good learning process…

BTW, is your system a converted Antergos or a ”native” EndeavourOS install?
In Antergos you might have some old certificates and/or packages that are no more updated.