Sporadic Hard Freezes Requiring Full Power Cycle

I have 32 GB also. How many passes did you run? Just 4?

Edit: I have an X570 board also running the Ryzen 3800X with 32 GB memory and an AMD RX 590

Well… technically it was only 3 and like 7/8ths but still no errors haha

Lets hope it’s all good now. :crossed_fingers:

@RPINerd
Just wondering how the Ryzen is working now with the Bios update and also since there have been a couple of new kernels. Just wondering if you are also running amd-pstates on your system?

I’ve only been using it a bit today, but no crashes so far! Oddly they seemed much more frequent when the computer was idle or just doing basic tasks (i.e. web/email) and almost never happened while gaming.
Performance once in the OS is the same, no giant improvement or new detriments that I’ve noticed though the POST time seems much longer than it was before the BIOS flash. Not a issue, just an observation.
The pstates, no idea. I know the term but only surface level and besides enabling XMP for RAM and the auto precision boost thing for the CPU I’ve not altered anything in the bios since the new flash.

You can verify and check out how to enable pstates here.

you can also add theses parameters to your boot kernel

amd_iommu=on iommu=pt nvme_load=YES processor.max_cstate=5 rcu_nocbs=0_15 amd_pstate.shared_mem=1 systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy=true scsi_mod.use_blk_mq=1

Would you be willing to elaborate on what each of those parameters does? I’m much more trusting of this forum than something like reddit, but I’m still not going to blindly input random parameters and numbers into my kernel :sweat_smile:

amd_iommu=on iommu=pt ( for amd Ryzen )
nvme_load=YES ( for nvme )
processor.max_cstate=5 ( no C4 or less state )
rcu_nocbs=0_15 ( max 8 cpu core / 16 threads )
amd_pstate.shared_mem=1 ( for amd pstate )
systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy=true ( for cpu cgroup )
scsi_mod.use_blk_mq=1 ( for uses scsci querries to disks )