Sound stopped working after upgrade

Hi after some time I did full update sudo pacman -Syu and my sound stopped working.

The sound settings completely dissapeared. Previously there were many options…

I discussed it with chatbot and run a couple of commands it also suggested reinstalling with this command which i did.

sudo pacman -S alsa-utils alsa-plugins alsa-lib pulseaudio pulseaudio-alsa

Nothing helped so far.

Can anyone help me to troubleshoot it: I am on lenovov carbonX thinkpad

Chatbot? Which chatbot? :eyes:

Also, what are the outputs of:

inxi -FAxxz

and

pacman -Q | grep -A 0 -E "(wire|pulse|nvidia|intel|amd)"
1 Like

wireplumber bug something which affects many users :confused: restart pipewire and wireplumber services

I like how you assume that someone using a chatbot to solve Linux issues knows how to restart a service. :sweat_smile:

I mean, they could use the chatbot to find out how, but still, it would be better to actually tell them what to run — it may just fix it.

If they have run the command they say they have run, then they have effectively replaced pipewire if that was what they ran at the first place.

1 Like

Chatbot will help him how to do it. In old days people were googling solutions. Today people are chatbotting them.

4 Likes

As offered by @anon8478 in another thread:

systemctl --user restart pipewire
systemctl --user restart pipewire-pulse

Yes, it is a shame that someone with Linux Arch cannot fix a malfunctioning soundcard after an update without asking Google or ChatGPT.

Glad that I made you laugh.

Sorry to bother, I am not going to write here anymore.

1 Like

I think you’ve misinterpreted what has been said so far, so let me clarify:

• I asked which Chatbot because I wanted to see if it’s a proficient one.
  • I then asked you to show the output of two commands that could help me or anyone else here to troubleshoot.
  • Someone else said you should restart a service.
  • I then said that a person who relies on Chatbots may not actually know how to do this, as such the comment shouldn’t have just been “restart X service”, but instead “restart X service by using the following command”
  • Two comments for actual jokes were then made
  • And finally, a comment with the commands to run was given.

If you choose to focus on the “funny” parts of this whole thread, that’s on you. But help was given.

2 Likes

Regardless of what you choose to use to help find information, you’d always be welcome @nirvikalpa.

1 Like