Sometimes Shake it off doesn't cut it

https://discovery.endeavouros.com/articles/sometimes-shake-it-off-doesnt-cut-it/2019/11/

8 Likes

Have to agree, sometimes is harder to ignore the naysayers.
I have been there so many times. I volunteered, and I still do community work.
I maintain a webpage and write articles for a community.
Sometimes, ignorant people will berate you just because they can, they will not spend a second to learn a skill, to make something useful and join efforts. No, they will grill you down, and when you had enough, theyā€™ll blame you for bailing out.
Why I am still doing it? Because, at the end of the day, you know deep inside that you respect yourself, you gave something to others and you are at peace. But it takes effort to concentrate, to single out that voice, that feeling guiding you through it all.
Bryan, we are still here. This forum is what we make if it.
People will be that way, it doesnā€™t matter.
What matters is that after years and years, some will say: Do you remember that awesome project Endeavour OS? Yeah, man, amazing.
No effort, no change will be welcomed. Naysayers feed on our struggle, on oneā€™s effort to accomplish something better for everybody.
One thing Iā€™ve learn doing volunteering:
No good deed goes unpunished.
Itā€™s harsh, but in the end true.
But every smile and thank you for you good deed will wash away it all, will give you wings.
We look, we see people.
But some of us see heroes, our unsung heroes.
Carpe Diem.
Cheers!

6 Likes

Bryan, thereā€™s no denying that negativism hurts and for a caring person itā€™s impossible to totally ignore. But take comfort in knowing that you a have a support group here in the forum. I for one appreciate the unselfish effort, time and love you and the whole team have devoted to this project and the people who use it. Take heart; we support you.

At times like this I like to remember the mangled Latin phrase ā€œIllegitimi non carborundumā€. :grinning:

1 Like

Hello all positive, here is struck already environment on Moscow network installer complex perhaps, waiting for issuance offline calamares.Tell me when to wait for iso?

1 Like

Hi welcome at the forum, first of all.

We are still working on some issues on the next release and at this moment we canā€™t exactly tell you when the November release will be there. The October release is still working, you only have to remove Kalu after install by typing the following in the terminal:

sudo pacman -Rns kalu

I totally agree with you Bryan. Itā€™s very hard to ignore the ā€˜trollsā€™ - but you must. The only reason trolls do what they do: itā€™s their way or the highway (as my dad has told me). I am a recovering alcoholic with 16 years of being clean and sober. I have been quite open on the issue in my life, and I have been trolled (quite hard at times) by those who are still practicing in their addiction. All that does is make me stronger as a human being, and stronger in my determination that they will not succeed in bringing me down. I donā€™t need to go down ā€˜suicide alleyā€™ again for the fourth time (which is where my addiction took me the previous three times).

I consider this distro much like preparing a meal in a slow cooker: The hard work is done early when you plan and prepare the ingredients and then put them into the slow cooker. The easy part is just turning on the slow cooker and let it do what it does best - which is what beta testers and the community are all about (making this distro one of the best to use in my opinion). I feel that we, as a community, have one of the best recipes for a distro that is available, that is following the Arch Linux way as close as possible.

Are we going to ā€˜get heckled and scornedā€™ for what we stand for? Absolutely! But you have to look at the broad picture here. As the Three Musketeers used to say, ā€œAll for one. One for all.ā€ (At least I think thatā€™s what they said. My coffee hasnā€™t kicked in yet - so all bets are off on my alertness right now. :slight_smile:)

4 Likes

Thanks to Bryanpwo for the answer. We will wait for a new image, I will test it with pleasure. I could not resist and set up the system myself manually, there are some basic skills in working with Arch, and your image works perfectly! Successes. (google translator)

1 Like