Some NVIDIA related issues

I’ve installed the OS yesterday(I’m quite impressed tbh, awesome system) and had some issues, but solved almost all of them on my own, I do have some issues left and I can’t get around them and would appreciate if someone knowledgeable will help me out.

1. This is a major issue for me.
    I’m trying to install mangohud with sudo pacman -S mangohud and getting an error while downloading the packages needed, specifically it says:
:: Retrieving packages...
 blas-3.12.0-3-x86_64 is up to date
 cblas-3.12.0-3-x86_64 is up to date
error: failed retrieving file 'blas-3.12.0-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.sunred.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'cblas-3.12.0-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.sunred.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'blas-3.12.0-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.pseudoform.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'cblas-3.12.0-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.pseudoform.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'blas-3.12.0-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.fra10.de.leaseweb.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'cblas-3.12.0-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.fra10.de.leaseweb.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'blas-3.12.0-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst.sig' from arch.kurdy.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'cblas-3.12.0-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst.sig' from arch.kurdy.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (failed to retrieve some files)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Before that, however, I followed the docs with installing Nvidia drivers with nvidia-inst and envycontrol.
I also should mention that the whole purpose of mangohud to me is to limit FPS per game, so my laptop won’t become an oven while gaming.

1. This is minor issue, however it does annoy a bit.
    Beforehand I was on Windows and had an option to switch between my Intel and Nvidia GPUs with Nvidia’s control pannel. With EndeavourOS, however, despite me having the “Nvidia X server settings” utility, I’m lacking that option.
    I did install an additional tool, again, by the EndeavourOS docs - envy control - but this requires a restard after each transition between the GPUs.

Try updating your mirrors first.

:point_down:

1 Like

Try this:

sudo pacman -Syu mangohud

Your system needs to be updated to install software.

1 Like

Wow, thanks for such a blazingly fast responses.

I did need an update.
Updating now. Thank you.

1 Like

I did something wrong.

I’ve installed first mangohud.
Then the goverlay.
Launched the goverlay and it was displaying some FPS and CPU metrics etc, but I thought it had an option to switch between the Intel and Nvidia, but lacking that option as I set previously, with the envycontrol only the Nvidia GPU. I tried to switch to hybrid mode, but it printed errors something about python. I thought I should update and then re-install the envycontrol again. All went well, except now when I set hybrid or even nvidia(doesn’t really matter) with the envycontrol, and then launch the goverlay, I don’t have any metrics where it should be… just a blank black rectangle. And there’s an Intel card listed only.

What did I do wrong, please and what should I do now?

What exactly is your hardware? Post the url

inxi -Faz | eos-sendlog

What hardware exactly do you need, please?
I don’t want to print, let along send, any privacy-fingerprint-related information if that’s ok.

I have a mobile GTX 1050 and the Intel 630 HD.
Relevant boot params are nvidia-drm.modeset=1 nvme_load=YES nowatchdog rw nvidia_drm.modeset=1
Kernel 6.6.28-2-lts
I use Plasma 6 with Wayland.

It only outputs your hardware. This doesn’t tell enough. At least post inxi -Ga

Edit:

Does it work on the current kernel?