Some AppImages do not run after system upgrade

I performed a clean offline install with EndeavourOS_Apollo_22_1.iso and tried running The Freecad and Cura AppImages and they work. After performing a full system upgrade, neither AppImage starts correctly. Both give a simmilar error message when started from the terminal

libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open iris: /tmp/.mount_FreeCAMLnPkQ/usr/bin/…/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.30’ not found (required by /usr/lib/dri/iris_dri.so) (search paths /usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: iris
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open iris: /tmp/.mount_FreeCAMLnPkQ/usr/bin/…/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.30’ not found (required by /usr/lib/dri/iris_dri.so) (search paths /usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: iris
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /tmp/.mount_FreeCAMLnPkQ/usr/bin/…/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30’ not found (required by /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so) (search paths /usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
/tmp/.mount_FreeCAMLnPkQ/AppRun: line 41: 10256 Aborted (core dumped) ${MAIN} “$@”

Other Appimages such as vlc media player seem to continue working fine. Freecad installed from the arch repos works fine aswell. Issue occurs on two different systems, one intel the other amd.

EndeavourOS log tool: https://clbin.com/xKCM3

1 Like

This is a known issue and it’s recommended to preload library to override the one from the appimage. See this link for more info.

3 Likes

I changed the category of this topic from bug reports to applications. Since this is an issue specifically surrounding Appimages and not EndeavourOS development. :wink:

Arch repo = native packages not AppImages …
I would recommend to use native packages if possible… like VLC should be run just fine from repo :wink:

1 Like

env LD_PRELOAD=/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 /path/to/application.AppImage

makes it work on eos

1 Like

Glad you got your issue resolved!

@Triby’s post pointed to the solution of the issue.

Please mark their post as the solution of the topic.

Thank you!

:enos_flag:

got it! thanks for the hint

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.