[SOLVED] TLP messed with my Wifi

What of the other browsers now? Are they running online now?

If you uninstalled the VPN a reboot might also be needed, sorry.
If it still isn’t removed afterwards, try

sudo nmcli c delete ipv6leakintrf0 followed by

sudo nmcli c reload

Bingo !!! They are all running online now, incl. Librewolf itself. So, I have marked this comment of yours as the solution.

I’ll mark this issue as solved.

Many thanks for your help and patience. Thanks too to @jonathon, @keybreak and @mrvictory for input.

3 Likes

Glad you got it fixed!

:star_struck:

2 Likes

So much for ‘shitty’ browser-plugins!

:clown_face:

2 Likes

You are absolutely right. It is not always possible to avoid making that mistake, though I need to be more careful.

@Klaas-Vaak

Out of curiosity, was it this VPN you installed

https://hide.me/en/software/linux

using this command line

curl -L https://hide.me/download/linux-amd64 | tar -xJ && sudo ./install.sh

?

@pebcak: Yes, it is that brand, no it is not what I installed. I installed the Firefox add-on.

Why do you ask?

Just wondered, how is that possible that installing an addon in a browser could change your system’s network configuration which, I guess, would need root privilege to do.

Yes, that is a good question. I was stunned when I realised that I could only access the internet with the Hide Me addon (a proxy) or the real VPN.

In fact, the reason I installed the addon was because I could get the real VPN to work. Now, that is not necessarily a bad sign because on my Mac I installed ProtonVPN, which initially I could not get to work either, but 24 hours later it worked.

I could not get ProtonVPN to work on EnOS, even after 24 hours.

I haven’t looked at how ProtonVPN sets things up in Linux, so this is just me speculating:
Could it be that the interface:

you deleted was set up by ProtonVPN? I am wondering because I still fail to see how a proxy addon could be able to make a change to the system.

That interface was deleted when I uninstalled Hide Me and restarted the Network Manager.

Before that, I had already tried to get ProtonVPN to work as I would much prefer that to Hide Me, and even more so than a browser add-on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.