[Solved] Slow transfer speeds with static IP's, maybe? [Solved] Operator error lol

You can create a permanent file with the parameters in it and if it doesn’t work you can just remove it. It’s in the info i sent you. But, I’m just not sure why it’s not automatically connecting at 1000? Did you check the GUI network manager for the settings? Mine has ignore, auto and manual and settings for 10 100 1000 etc.

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-enp0s3

Example:

ETHTOOL_OPTS="speed 1000 duplex full autoneg on”

Edit: You may want to check the cables with a tester just to make sure you don’t have a bad one.

Are you using Cat6 cable, and is your switch capable of 1Gbps?

All cables 5e and giga switches/router

edit: 9-7-20
and this is where I forgot about the router that died

Are any devices able (or have been able at some point) to set up a 1Gbps connection?

yes at one point various machines have been set up at the higher rate

1 Like

I’ve tried various things with the plasma gui network thingy.

Yeah I saw that file setup for ethtool, looks promising.

going to double check patch cables too, but it’s odd 2 machines doing the same thing.

How far are your network runs?
Are you sure your switch is running Gigabit? Is it also set to negotiate?

You could also try the r8168 or did you have problems with that particular module. I can use either but not if i use hibernation or suspend.

I think I just found the issue, please hold :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m holding???

I can’t believe I wasted time on something dumb, but I’m going to take a shot and say most of us has done something similar.

About a year ago I “temporarily” moved the giga switch to “briefly” test something.
Shortly after that the wifi ap I replaced it with died and I “temporally” replaced it with an emergency wrt54g2 and forgot about it…because it was temporary :roll_eyes:

Having pulled my hair for the last two days and then turn around and bug you guys,
had I not, the insanity may have gone on for another 3 days.

Solved = Operator error+dumbass attack

2 Likes

Hey no worries. Glad you got it figured out. :upside_down_face:

Wrt54g2
Specifications:

• Frequency Range. 2.4GHz.
  • Wireless 802.11b, Wireless 802.11g.
  • Wireless Security. TKIP, Wi-Fi Protected Access™ (WPA/WPA2 Personal), WEP, AES.
  • Security features. Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
  • Networking Type. Ethernet Port (10/100)
  • Other Features. …
  • RJ45.
  • Number of RJ45 Ports .

I really didn’t do anything but get you thinking. :thinking:

Never underestimate the power of the question: “Are you sure it’s plugged in?”

:joy:

4 Likes