(SOLVED) MESA Update

That was an interesting read on git! I’m fairly familiar with Arch - but not totally familiar! Was beginning to wonder what I got myself into; but then again that usually happens when things go wrong.

Patience is of the utmost for this issue - and for life for that matter. Nice to see that the Arch community is all over the issue. I’ll update mesa once I see that the solution is solved (shouldn’t be too long).

Here’s the link to the mesa discussion on git: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/issues/2520#note_411359

Seems effect on some combinations of cpu together with Nvidia GPU.

installed Mesa from testing solve this here.

2 Likes

So far, so good on my work laptop. I have yet to try with my desktop fingers crossed

1 Like

Well both my older Radeon HD cards booted to black screens. I got frustrated and enabled the testing repo and updated mesa but i also took everything that was there including the newer kernels. With :crossed_fingers: of course. It boots now on both. I was also having issue with Nvidia but didn’t realize it until i tried adding the lts kernel. So did the same there. I guess i’ll take my chances and see what happens next.

mesa 19.3.4-2 is in stable repo now and works fine. :slight_smile:

3 Likes