[Solved] First time installing EndeavourOS, got this error

Hello,

I’m new to this community and this distro, I was trying to install EndeavourOS in dual boot mode and I got this error:

ERROR: Installation failed: "Package Manager error" 
2022-03-27 - 19:39:56 [6]:     ..  - message: "Package Manager error" 
2022-03-27 - 19:39:56 [6]:     ..  - details: The package manager could not make changes to the installed system. The command <pre>pacman</pre> returned error code 1.
2022-03-27 - 19:39:56 [6]: void Calamares::ViewManager::onInstallationFailed(const QString&, const QString&)
    Calamares will quit when the dialog closes. 
2022-03-27 - 19:39:56 [6]: QML Component (default slideshow) deactivated
2022-03-27 - 19:39:56 [6]: void Config::doNotify(bool, bool)
    Notification not sent; completion: failed 

Hope you can help me figuring it out, thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Hello @zeruel85

Looks like a connection issue maybe? Do you have internet connected? If on wifi you have to connect first after loading the live ISO.

Edit: If installing in UEFI make sure you have secure boot disabled and CSM turn off.

I had the ethernet cable connected, but TBH I didn’t check if the line was up. I’ll retry checking that first.
I don’t use UEFI.

Thanks for now.

I am facing this same issue with the internet connected as well.

1 Like

I’ve just rechecked internet from the LiveCD and everything is fine, pinging flawlessly.

installs should work again … it was my fault…

2 Likes

Well, that’s my great luck for y’all, lol.
Thanks, I’ll retry the online installation ASAP.

Everything’s fine now, thanks to all.
Do I need to mark the title as [Solved]?

1 Like

You can also click the 3 dots (= show more) on the solution post, there you’ll find the Solution button to click.
Then other readers will find the solution easily.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.