So you miss win10?

I build my own desktops, so the “free” version cost me around $139 so my install wouldn’t be locked to my motherboard.

1 Like

American here, can confirm that on Home edition we have to deal with that. I have a copy of Home and one copy of Professional. No issues on Professional and I use that version for my Media Server at home. Sadly my daily driver has Home edition and I rarely use it, only for games at this point.

2 Likes

Maybe Home Edition is not the one installed by default over here? Would explain things.

1 Like

Good old EU looking after privacy

1 Like

I’m sure it’s regional based. EU has stricter privacy laws than the US.

4 Likes

Do I miss Win 10? Absolutely! I missed XP, missed Win 7, missed Win 8 and now I’m missing Win 10…

(sorry - couldn’t resist :grin:)

Edit: Actually I missed out on missing Vista - my bad! :grin:

7 Likes

Well, that’s a hot take. You might be the only person I’ve ever known of to say Windows ME was anything other than proof that the Windows engineers actually worked for the Devil, or some other sadomasochistic entity.

3 Likes

Missing? Like with a shotgun? It’s really hard to shoot software…
:rofl:

1 Like

this is exactly how I remember it :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

never used so i cant miss . Xp was last time i used that :wastebasket:

2 Likes

I have supported every version since win3.1. It made me long for the days of my spectravideo 328, where everything worked.
I still have win10 on a partition because I have to for work purposes. It’s still a cludgy mess. The most reliable and consistent version was 7.
What gets me is the number of pundits that complain that Linux is too hard because you have to use the CLI…they’ve obviously never had to support Windows in a business situation, where batch scripting, powershell, registry editing is a regular occurrence just in order to avoid the next melt down due to bad updates. And I haven’t even started on the security issues.

2 Likes

I have 2 MSX computers from back in the 80s, although not Spectravideo’s they are close enough!

1 Like

Windows Vista was the last one I ever used … can’t even remember when,

1 Like