Simple Kernel Manager double entry

The zen kernel shows up twice, is this just a visual thing that will be fixed with an update or is there something i have to do?

1 Like

It doesn’t appear to be an issue with the tool. At least in my mirror(and yours) the linux-zen kernel is in both the core and extra repos with the version in core being one point release newer.

2 Likes

Is it advisable to keep using the zen kernel till they fix the repo mix up?

1 Like

It shouldn’t hurt anything. The newer version in core should have precedence over the older one in extra.

2 Likes

I installed the core version, and it shows both installed, including the extra

2 Likes

Ah you beat me to it! I was just about to post this, but good on you for catching it. I don’t normally open akm that often, but a post from just the other day got me to check it out and then I just opened it this morning after the recent update of all 3 kernels and saw it listed twice too in akm and thought hmm maybe this is something I should post about. But no need now, things seem to be okay in any case!

I’ll leave you with a screenshot showing the same thing to show you’re not alone :wink:

Screenshot from 2021-11-01 11-21-45

2 Likes

pacman doesn’t track the source of the package so I don’t think the tool would be able to tell you which one you actually have installed.

3 Likes

Arch currently has zen in core and extra. I suspect that this is a temporary situation, and will be fixed soon.
The same can be seen with

pacman -Si linux-zen

And as @dalto said, core takes precedence. That’s because [core] is written before [extra] in file /etc/pacman.conf.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.