Show your latest purchase! (With pictures)

Best ever. Logitech all the way.

3 Likes

Still got my original PSP 1000, actually revived it with a new battery a couple of months ago.

Itā€™s been hacked from almost day one. I actually delayed getting my first smart phone because the PSP could do everything I wanted.

1 Like

Gotta agree with you here; I have two of them. I also have an old MX400 on my desktop. I even have a Marble Mouse plugged into the KVM I have my servers connected to.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got two, but I must say the quality on my second is nowhere near as good as the first one, though thatā€™s not a surprise with the pricing which is all over the place. Plus I hate the fact that itā€™s wireless. Sure, wireless makes sense for a mouse which is moving around your desktop, but whatā€™s the point with a trackball or trackpad?

1 Like

7 cats. Def they seem not as good as when they first came out. Though I have to take them apart and clean out the cat hair. Same for everything here though.

I use one in my kitchen ā€“ for looking up recipes and such ā€“ so it doesnā€™t get filled with the detritus of cooking and the other sits on the arm of my recliner so I can control the computer hooked to my TV. A mouse doesnā€™t work too well on the fabric my chair is covered with.

More incredible excitement here! Ok - overblownā€¦

But at least I might now know when a package arrivesā€¦

IMG_20210426_034516

3 Likes

Itā€™s good until your neighbour buys the same device set to the same frequency channel - fun guaranteed. :laughing:

1 Like

But - arenā€™t neighbours supposed to social distance too??!? That said - I wouldnā€™t buy it for an apartment! :grin:

1 Like

We put a similar wireless door bell at the front door of the school this past year as no one is allowed to just walk in. Doors are always locked now. Masks must be worn and visitors or workers or contractors have to be signed in and logged. It works well as it rings in the front office.

One of many uses :grin: Of course - the point raised earlier about ā€˜crosstalkā€™ is valid too, depending on your location. I had one before that went off whenever a bus or (sometimes) a taxi went past - RF interference for sure. I think the buses had a ā€˜specialā€™ system for ā€˜influencingā€™ the traffic lights that did itā€¦

Fair enough, I can see a use in those cases, but most people are going to use them on their desks though, where cordless is a silly waste of batteries

2 Likes

Purple keycaps! Tried to bring some endeavour vibes to the keyboard by using a combination of blue and purple rgb lighting

IMG_20210429_173417 IMG_20210429_184602 IMG_20210429_212840

12 Likes

I guess you couldnā€™t find a sailboat or a tux figure for the key between L-CTRL and the L-ALT :grin: Still like the effect, though. I am pondering similar for the numeric keypadā€¦

Nah, it was one of the cheapest keycap sets I could findā€¦
It would have been nice if the kit also came with a blank one, I wouldā€™ve used that on instead then, but tbh Iā€™m not too bothered by the windows logoā€¦ (at least Iā€™m sure others here will be more triggered by it than I am :sweat_smile:)

I have a blank purple one that came with the keyboard itself, but its a different shade, and it looks odd when I put it next to the other purple ones

1 Like

It is mainly a low-level irritant - perhaps of the same import as having a cord on your mouseā€¦ :grin:

I have cord on my mouse so i can find it. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I have something else coming too, to act as an escape key, but itā€™s still in the mail

photo_2021-04-15_12-00-47

3 Likes

Delivery IS slow, isnā€™t it! That looks to be really cool though! I just have a ā€˜running manā€™ keycap on mineā€¦

BTW - low-level irritant to me (including the mouse having a cord) is something that only registers as an annoyance when you notice it - rarely!

1 Like

I hope it just looks a bit like the pictureā€¦
Seller on Etsy still had to make mine when I ordered it, the picture was just an example.

Itā€™s coming from Vietnam, so who knows when it will finally arrive, I believe it was finished and sent somewhere last week