Shortcut For Abandoning Reply

What is the shortcut for abandoning a reply or an edit because Esc key will only save it as a draft , I want to discard it completely . Is there any such shortcut ??

Click the cancel button and then abandon?

1 Like

tab tab enter then they bend your arm to click yes

2 Likes

It’s too tedious for me . I want it to work with just one shortcut . It’s much simple and I am super lazy . Is there any way ??

There are shortcuts not sure how many we have enabled if at all. Someone else may know. I would ask Bryan but we can’t right now so…

Jump To

• g, h Home
  • g, l Latest
  • g, n New
  • g, u Unread
  • g, c Categories
  • g, t Top
  • g, b Bookmarks
  • g, p Profile
  • g, m Messages
  • g, d Drafts

Navigation

• u Back
  • # Go to post #
  • k/j Move selection ↑ ↓
  • o or Enter Open selected topic
  • Shift+j/Shift+k Next/previous section
  • Shift+l Go to the first unread post

Application

• = Open hamburger menu
  • p Open user menu
  • . Show updated topics
  • / or Ctrl+Alt+f Search
  • ? Open keyboard help
  • x, r Dismiss New/Posts
  • x, t Dismiss Topics
  • Shift+z Shift+z Log Out

Composing

• Shift+c Return to composer
  • Shift+F11 Fullscreen composer
  • c Create a new topic
  • t Reply as linked topic
  • Shift+r Reply to topic
  • r Reply to post
  • q Quote post

Actions

• f Toggle bookmark topic
  • Shift+p Pin/Unpin topic
  • Shift+s Share topic
  • s Share post
  • l Like post
  • ! Flag post
  • b Bookmark post
  • e Edit post
  • d Delete post
  • m, m Mute topic
  • m, r Regular (default) topic
  • m, t Track topic
  • m, w Watch topic
  • Shift+u Defer topic
  • Ctrl+p Print topic
3 Likes

I will stop replying until that’s fixed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grin::sunglasses::star_struck:

I checked this already ( like when I joined )

Still too tedious

Well then you would have to put this in as a feature request over at the discourse forums.

1 Like

Or you know, rack your brain for a hot minute before hitting the reply button, to see if you even have anything to say. :thinking:

That requires no movement at all.

3 Likes

That modal has the property data-keyboard="false" - I don’t know why - but it is probably a general discourse thing - like all the shortcuts.

When you have ShiftZZ to log out - you could as easily have :q!

The overall problem is that you are in a text area - where you are supposed to type which makes it at least necessary to Tab out of the box to be able use a shortcut.

1 Like

Erm…why do you abandon so may replies that you need a super efficient shortcut for it? :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

It’s about convenience , ctrl+enter is enough to post a reply . Then why not a shortcut to cancel it ??

Just my personal opinion, but something most people do rarely like cancel a post in process doesn’t need a shortcut as much as something you do frequently like post a reply.

I mean, how does that situation come up? I spend a decent amount of time here and I cancel replies once or twice a week. Most people probably wouldn’t even remember the shortcut if there was one.

6 Likes