Share Your Desktop

On the principle of anything worth doing might be worth overdoing - and in answer to the challenge to demonstrate REAL conky overkill - a de-resolutioned video of my desktop in full stupid mode… :grin:

Hope you enjoy (?)

2 Likes

Whenever I see the Brandenburg Gate I get homesick.
Do you use free weather data or you pay for them?

An assortment of weather sources - some of them intentionally free :grin: If you managed to see that there was weather - you know those were never meant to run together like that… for some locations there were three different presentation of the same (more or less) information!

Over the years I’ve had lots of practice setting up and tweaking conkys though - and can usually come up with something that’ll do the job, even if I have to code something for the background. For instance there’s a little ‘C’ code behind the music display (track number, time, scrolling title, artist, album, bar graph and album art) and along the way a few little bash scripts have snuck in there too…

2 Likes

I moved to just one monitor from a dual set up last weekend. Currently sporting a 43" 4k Monitor. It is nice. Really nice.

img-2020-07-26-083835

img-2020-07-26-083858

Currently using dwm. Also very nice :smiley:

9 Likes

Screenshot_20200725_224926

8 Likes

The wallpaper changes each 7’.

12 Likes

I use KDE exclusively, because I need a fairly complex set of customization options.

Clean:

dt_01

Dirty:

dt_02

(Wallpaper available on request)

10 Likes

As someone else noted, if you would change to a 24 hour clock, you’d free up 1/3 of your current wasted space.

I’ll have to post up my Cinnamon setup soon, with the illustrious @anon3337769 inspired wallpaper.

3 Likes

Just and update, I like this wallpaper.

img-2020-07-26-155946

https://imgur.com/KhjpQjP

7 Likes

kimi
Anyone here watching Japanese anime? Wallpaper is a real life location from Kimi No Na Wa

10 Likes

Sway on my triple-headed setup (laptop + 2 external displays).

Swappshot-Sun-Jun-14-150027-2020.png

9 Likes

How do you like KDE Plasma?

Been thinking about trying, would be a change from Xfce. :smile:

I do like it because it is very responsive and customizable. But, I also like xfce and I also like Cinnamon.

1 Like

How can we set up sway? This is on plasma i take it?

This is my Cinnamon DE after my install script has done it’s thing. System tweaked just the way I like it!

Screenshot from 2020-07-27 22-27-50

6 Likes

Looks very ‘realized’ - must learn script configuration! I script what there, but not how it appears…

1 Like

Yeah, my script does it all for me. So whenever I have to reinstall, I just do the script and I am good to go.

It installs, removes, updates, copy over program configs, sets up the qogir theme and then apply’s some tweaks to the theme and offcourse it also tweaks all the cinnamon settings to how I like it.

Took some work but worth it in the end. Don’t have to ever do the stuff myself again. The power of Linux!

2 Likes

Absolutely nothing to do with Plasma. :slight_smile: See this: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Sway. Most of additional info you may need there’s in the sway Wiki.

1 Like

I can’t see any of the info on the image as it isn’t large enough. Are you using it on i3?

Instead of i3.