Share Your Desktop

Conkys are usually best enjoyed by changing them :grin: Nice work on the setup!

Thank you. Thinking of making a guide out of my endeavour :stuck_out_tongue: to get that.

12 Likes

Finally, after years of gathering dust on a shelf, I found a use for these Microsoft products. :cowboy_hat_face:
It is not obvious, but the Microsoft Server 2003 still has the intact cellophane wrapper. It has never been opened.
Microsoft

As for the desktop, simply Raspberry Pi 4b with 4 GB RAM and 32 Bit i3wm.

Pudge

16 Likes

That’s the nicest xfce desktop I’ve ever seen. You’re kinda tempting me to switch

2 Likes

All these clean desktops, here’s mine in action. Reading forum and watching anime.

4 Likes

All you guys with your clean desktops! I gave up worrying about it a while ago (OK - you probably know that if you go back in this thread to any of mine!). If I want clean and uncluttered, I just run a slideshow - otherwise I cover the desktop over with apps, browsers, and telegram (not to mention mini-games). Doesn’t much matter to me how clean it would be if I wasn’t using it!

Of course - the looks can be impressive :grin: - and usually are!

1 Like

i3m

screenshots1

9 Likes

May I ask what motherboard are you running with the 2698v3?

Sure its an Asus X99-E LGA2011-v3 motherboard

1 Like

Xubuntu 21.10

xubuntu

9 Likes

Still find KDE interesting on ARM .EOS_ARM-KDE

10 Likes

Playing around with Openbox a bit. When you add tiling/snap function it becomes quite a decent middle stop between full on tiling WM and traditional desktop environments.

1 Like

I finalized my XFCE. The main difference between the last one I posted and this one is the panel to the left. I got rid of the solid panel.

myrisefinal

Now it looks perfect. I wish I could find a way to make the middle part of whiskers transparent too but I didn’t find a method.

6 Likes

I don’t have any Xfce installation to try but see if the following can be something for you:

Did you ever get it going on USB?? I really want to setup my pi for football games and the SD card isn’t fast enough. I get stuttering.

Love this desktop! Didn’t spot it was Budgie until a zoomed in on your Neofetch details.

I am going to give Budgie another try, later today.

Many thanks for sharing your setup!

1 Like

Playing with Xfce :

Capture d’écran_2021-10-19_16-02-21

13 Likes

The same with Xfdashboard :

Capture d’écran_2021-10-19_16-04-47

5 Likes

Some more xfce love

Captura de ecrĂŁ_2021-10-19_15-19-32
Captura de ecrĂŁ_2021-10-19_15-21-36

9 Likes