Serious issues while doing an upgrade / update on a Thinkpad

hello dear experts hello dear community

i did some excercises and tried several times to update my notebook - but everytime it fails - note
there were many many packages to download and install

and every time the tremendous amount of data takes almost half a day to download. So everytime (!!!) i fall asleap (no joke) - and still sleep while the password is requested

this is pretty bad (!!!) what can i do here
see the report - its quite very very fancy - but i need to have a slolution

see the report: https://pastebin.com/g4GQsiTL

look forward to hear from you

I see electron25 if I remember correctly that is no longer usable. I don’t know the full details as I myself don’t use it however I have seen others with it here with issues and it seems to me that they were told to remove electron25 then proceed.

1 Like

If electron25 is the problem, try updating first with

eos-update

and then

pactree -r electron25

to see if you can simply uninstall electron25.

2 Likes

hi there - many many thanks.
i will do as adviced
btw: this forum here is just great - i am so happy to be part of this awesome forum

2 Likes

Just chipping in to say that you’re not alone with regards to falling asleep/going to the bathroom/being distracted by a kitten while the password is requested. I’ve had this issue more than once with packages that are locally compiled and take a significant amount of time to update. If you step away at the wrong time, the password request times out, the update fails and you have to start over.

1 Like

It’s possible to disable password request timeouts by putting that line in sudoers file:

Defaults passwd_timeout=0

1 Like

Isn’t modifying the sudoers file actively discouraged?

Better know what you’re doing, but always use visudo, which will look for syntax errors in the file before saving.

2 Likes

good day dar community

just again - i am facing the same issue - witht he password - request that was emerging in the middle of the night… so i need to work around some how…

should i edit some files or configurations…!?

look forward to hear from you

Are you updating AUR packages?
Run

man yay

and look for sudoloop feature.